Bangor Historical Society And Thomas A Hill Museum296 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 159 Union Street, Bangor, Maine 0440, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2079421900
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Bangor Historical Society is the society that preserves all artefacts and documents related to the history of the Museum. The history of Bangor has been tragic as well as very significant in the shaping up of this particular city now. The museum is not open at all times, therefore it’s a better idea to find out the best time to visit from the authorities and absorb the history of this particular town to whatever extent you can! The Bangor Historical Society has experienced various changes in its history of 150 years. There have been two name changes, a devastating fire and a lot of multiple moves. Today, the Bangor Historical Society continues to celebrate its past, but also works towards making a bright future. There will be a lot of new memories made for future Bangor residents to celebrate in another 100 years to come. The museum’s main mission is to celebrate Bangor and its people and preserve the vision of those men who gathered in 1864 to bring together this society!
Bangor Historical Society And Thomas A Hill Museum Travel Tips
- Photographic policy: Visitors may photograph the exhibit using non-flash photography.
- For inquiries or to plan a future visit, Bangor Historical Society staff can be reached year-round via email or by leaving a voicemail.
- Check out the updated events all the time to not miss out on any!
Entrance Ticket Details For Bangor Historical Society And Thomas A Hill Museum
- $5 per person (suggested donation)
- Active Duty Military = FREE(Memorial Day-Labor Day add up to 5 members of the family for free with current military ID as part of the Blue Star Museums Program)
How to Reach Bangor Historical Society And Thomas A Hill Museum
- Directions from the south: I-95 North Take Exit 183 toward Hammond Street then turn right onto Hammond Street, then drive 1.2 miles, take a right turn onto Union Street. Drive for 1.1 miles and your Destination will be on left.
- Directions from the north: I-95 South then take Exit 184 toward Union Street.Take a right for ME-222/Union St toward Ohio St/Airport and then turn left onto ME-222-E/Union St.Drive for 1.1 miles and your destination will be on left.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bangor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bangor and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.33% of people who visit Bangor include Bangor Historical Society And Thomas A Hill Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
62.96% of people start their Bangor Historical Society And Thomas A Hill Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Bangor Historical Society And Thomas A Hill Museum
91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bangor Historical Society And Thomas A Hill Museum
Bangor Historical Society And Thomas A Hill Museum Reviews & Ratings
I find the membership to be very cliquish. Not welcoming to new members. I have repeatedly offered to volunteer but never am contacted.
Fascinating relics and history behind them.
Dickens is the theme. All of the rooms were beautiful.
They try. The tour guide was very sweet and knew her stuff, so that was great. Sadly the house really isn't anything special and the history of it isn't very compelling. I'm glad they're keeping it up, though. Much of Bangor is crumbling and in need of repair. There are many treasures that need saving before it is too late, so visit this place and help these people preserve history if you're in the area.
It's great for parties and meetings and is right next to the YMCA.