Maine Discovery Museum, Bangor
About Maine Discovery Museum, Bangor
Maine Discovery Museum, Bangor - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 74 Main Street Bangor, Maine 04401
Ticket Price: 8 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 4.3K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
There is a reason some places are perfect for kids and parents alike. Maine Discovery Museum situated at the centre of Bangor is one such attraction. A super famous attraction amongst kids, this museum offers a host of creative and hands on activities for kids of all ages. The mission of the Maine Discovery Museum (MDM) is to basically educate children and families through fun means. They encourage creativity; have their ways to nurture a sense of wonder, and challenge all to learn in new and innovative ways. Exhibits and programs here are really fun. They are also interactive and thought provoking. The best part is that they encourage participation by children and families of all abilities and socioeconomic backgrounds. As an unique community resource, this museum provides opportunities for exploration as well as discovery that incorporate aspects of Maine into a greater understanding of the world in which we live. That in a nutshell, is the mission of the museum! This is also the most loved attraction of Bangor and if you have kids, this should be the first place to feature on your itinerary.
Maine Discovery Museum Information
- Keep your kids in front of your eyes at all times.
- Participate in activities with them if possible.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.
- They offer a snack room with vending machines and tables for "brown bag" lunches.
- If your group has other special needs, please let them know in advance.
- On-street parking near the Museum is limited to 90 minutes, M-F; unlimited weekends and holidays. The first two hours in the Pickering Square parking garage are free. There is a bus drop-off for groups with prior reservations at the Pickering Sq. group entrance; all others enter on Main Street.
Maine Discovery Museum Ticket Prices
- Free for members.
- 7.50 USD for general admission.
- Under 12 months age- Free.
- Group visits are offered Tuesday through Friday beginning at 9:00 AM, and during regular hours Saturday and Sunday. Group rates are available only for schools and other non-profit organizations. All groups must make reservations in advance of their visit to receive the group rate.
- Group rates apply to groups of 10 or more children (5 or more special needs children): 4.50 USD per child; 4.50 USD per chaperone (teachers are free). One chaperone is required for every 5 children.
- You can also order Discovery Bags for your group to take home (2.50 USD,3.50 USD,5 USD)
How To reach Maine Discovery Museum by Public Transport
- Contact the authorities and book a drop-off bus which drops you at Pickering Square.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bangor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bangor and book an accommodation of your choice.
Maine Discovery Museum, Bangor Reviews - Write a Review
What an awesome place for kids! My daughter and I are members and visit monthly. Always something exciting and engaging to do! The staff is amazing at what they do! We always leave with smiles on our faces :)
We go a season pass for Christmas, and the kids loved it! Its not too big, like the one in Boston, which came in handy when one of our kids went missing. We found her in a just a few minutes. All our girls had a great time, and there were able to do just about everything in a few hours, but they loved it so much they went back through again.
Great interactive exhibits in this well curated and maintained museum. Well worth the trip whether you are a local or visitor to Bangor.
Most of the museum was great. I was a little disappointed that a few of the displays had broken things. The restaurant cash register didn't work, nor did the pedal heart. My daughter did love building with the nano blocks. I wish the water area had higher steps so smaller kids could use the water easier.
Fun place for the younger crowd up to about 10 or 11 I'd say. Definitely worth the trip if you're in the area.