Mount Hope Cemetery538 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mount Hope Cemetery Corp. & Crematory, 1048 State Street Bangor, Maine 04401, United States
- Timings: 07:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: 207-9456589
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Cemetery, Family And Kids
Mount Hope is known to be America's second garden cemetery. Previously,it also managed the adjacent cemetery holding of the City of Bangor during the 19th and 20th centuries. In all, Mount Hope owned or managed some 300 acres by 1995. The property is visited by the general public for various things like recreational purposes as well as educational activities. It is although maximum visited for providing crematory, mausoleum, and related cemetery services.
On April 23rd,2015 Mount Hope Cemetery officially turns 181 years old, making it one of America;s oldest garden cemeteries. Established in 1834, the Mount Hope Cemetery Corporation, began with fifty acres and went on to roughly own 264 acres of land by 1996.
Mount Hope Cemetery Travel Tips
- If you are somebody who gets easily affected by dead bodies, coffins and all, then it’s better to avoid.
- Find out if clicking pictures is allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mount Hope Cemetery
- Check with the authorities.
How to Reach Mount Hope Cemetery
- 2.1 miles from the main station. You can walk it or rent a cab via Mount Hope Avenue road.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bangor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bangor and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bangor include Mount Hope Cemetery in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
70.37% of people start their Mount Hope Cemetery visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Mount Hope Cemetery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Hope Cemetery