Lagos Zoo23 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Medronhal-Quinta Figueiras, 8600-013Barão de São João, Lagos, Portugal
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-282680100
- Ticket Price: 16 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Located 16.5 kilometres from Lagos city centre, the Parque Zoologico de Lagos is more of a small petting zoo than a commercial one. The zoo is home to 350 species of animals and birds including hornbills, cobras, turtles, turkey, lemurs, hippos, pelicans, kangaroos, sloths, peacocks, parrots, reindeers, penguins and dwarf crocodiles. The zoo has a monkey island where you can get friendly with the notorious animals and also an island that is home to Coatis bears. The 60-metre-long ‘Flight Tunnel’ is a highlight of the place and offers you a chance to see colourful birds while taking flight. The zoo is loved for its beautiful landscape and is a favourite haunt for animal lovers. The aim of the place is to cerate a haven for animals and with plant species that cover all 5 continents, the greenery of the place is an added asset.
The feeding hours are a highlight here and give you a friendly encounter with these gorgeous creatures. The zoo has a snack bar, a playground for children and a souvenir where you can buy gifts. End the visit with a hearty, authentic Portuguese meal at the Restaurante O Cangalho located on the zoo premises.
Lagos Zoo Travel Tips
- Don’t try to feed the animals without permission.
- Carry snacks and drinking water for the journey.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lagos Zoo
- Adults – Euros 16
- Children (4-11 years old) – Euros 12
- Over 65’s – Euros 14. 00
- Free entry for children under 4 years
- Family Ticket: contact the zoo
Lagos Zoo Hours
- Zoo Lagos is open 7 days a week all year round.
- Pelicans and cormorants: 11:30 am and 3:00 pm
- Primates: 3:00 pm
- Meerkats: 12:00 pm
How to Reach Lagos Zoo
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bike/ Car.