Barcelona Museum Of Contemporary ArtCurrently Closed
- Address: Placa dels Angels, 1, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-934120810
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Museums
Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA) is for those who take art seriously. Since its inauguration in 1995, the MACBA has transformed itself into a power player on the city's contemporary arts scene. The permanent collection is located on the ground floor of the main building, and showcases art from the second half of the 20th century. Although some international artists are featured, the collections mainly focus on post-1945 Catalan and Spanish art. The museum also offers a variety of events including lectures, seminars, guided tours and video screenings. Of the three levels of the building, two are accessible to public.
Barcelona Museum Of Contemporary Art Travel Tips
- There is free Wi-Fi throughout the museum.
- Last tickets are sold 30 minutes before closing.
- The museum offers tours to the general public in sign language on the third Sunday of each month.
- Online ticket booking is available.
- Disabled access available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Barcelona Museum Of Contemporary Art
- Students& Seniors (over 65yrs): €8 EUR
- Children (under 14yrs): Free
Barcelona Museum Of Contemporary Art Hours
- Library: Monday to Thursday, from 10 am to 7 pm, Public holidays
- Archive, Special Collection Room: Monday to Thursday, from 10 am to 2.30 pm, Public holidays: closed
How to Reach Barcelona Museum Of Contemporary Art
- Metro: L1, L2 (Universitat) and L3 (Catalunya or Liceu)
- Bus: Lines 7, 9, 13, 14, 16, 17, 20, 24, 37, 41, 42, 50, 54, 55, 58, 59, 62, 63, 64, 66, 67, 68, 91, 120, 121, 141, H12, Aerobus
- Bicing: Station 059, Placa dels Angels
- FGC: All lines (Catalunya)
- Renfe (Train): Placa Catalunya
- Bun Bo Vietnam
- Pla dels Angels
- En Ville
- Veggie Garden
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.19% of people who visit Barcelona include Barcelona Museum Of Contemporary Art in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
70% of people start their Barcelona Museum Of Contemporary Art visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Barcelona Museum Of Contemporary Art
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barcelona Museum Of Contemporary Art
Barcelona Museum Of Contemporary Art Reviews & Ratings
Lovely exhibitions. My friend enjoyed them a lot even tho he's not a fan of contemporary art. The info is short and very basic in a positive way - you get a good overview what happened in the decades that are shown. Also the building is spacious and fits well the art.
Nice. It's a large building but there is not a whole lot to look at. Stays open late so if you need something to do for two hours or less.. this is a good museum
cool place inside and outside. Great exhibitions, extraordinary building for art gallery or a museum. Its free entrance every Saturday after 3 pm. One of the MUST places to visit when you are in Barcelona. 100% recommended
Great museum to visit if you are in the area. Perhaps a few more exhibitions would've been great, as there is only three. Would have liked to have seen more.
Great exhibitions and a photographer's dream if you like street photography! Come catch the skate crowds. I came on a free admission afternoon and thoughit was crowded, I enjoyed my time here