Basílica De Santa Maria Del PiCurrently Closed
- Address: Placa del Pi, 7, 08002 Barcelona, Spain, 08002
- Timings: 09:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-933184743
- Fax: +1-933027088
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Community And Government, Religious, Churches
Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi - Review
The Basilica de Santa Maria del Pi was built in the 14th century although there are unverified claims that a church stood on this site as far back as the 5th century. The architecture is of Catalan Gothic style with one of the highest cross-vaulted ceilings in the city. The structure comprises of a single nave with side chapels. There are beautiful stained glass windows of which some are original works and a beautiful bell tower worth visiting. The church also has museum, which exhibits gold and silverware as well as other religious objects. Santa Maria del Pi means Blessed Lady of the Pine Tree and there is pine tree that stands in front of the church.
Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi Information
- Guided tours and group tours are available.
- Visiting for prayer is free outside of tour hours.
Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi Ticket Prices
- Tours prices: Adults: 4 Euros, Youth (7-16 years), Student card, seniors (65+ years): 3 Euros, Under 6 years, disabled: free
- Group discounts are available.
- Guided full tou (including bell tower): Adult: 10 Euros, Youth (7-16 years), Student card, seniors (65+ years): 7 Euros, Disabled, unemployed: 4 Euros, under 6 years of age: free
Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi Hours
- Guided tours are not available on 25th December, 26th December, 1st January and 6th January.
- Permanently open the Chapel of Blood timings: 09.30 am to 08.30 pm
- Guided full tours: Saturdays: 12 pm, 1.30 pm, 5 pm, 6.30 pm
- Guided full tours: Sunday: 12 pm, 1.30 pm, 5 pm
How To reach Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi by Public Transport
- Metro: L3 stop Liceu
- Bus: 14, 59 and 91
Restaurants Near Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi
- Taller de Tapas
- Bar del Pi
- Irati Taverna Basca
- El Pi Antic
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi
4.74% of people who visit Barcelona include Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
60% of people start their Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi
62.5% of people prefer walking in order to reach Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi
Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi Trips
Basílica De Santa Maria Del Pi, Barcelona Reviews
Beautiful medieval church. Definitely take the tour and enjoy the tower, if you're not claustrophobic. The view is probably better here than the other towers and venues around the city. The whole church is even a graveyard inside. Very cool place!
Beautiful interior typical square exterior. Sad that so much was destroyed in the fires of 36. If you want excellent views and don't mind climbing a 14th century belltower this is the place to visit. The last 50 or so stairs are very small but the 360 view is the best in town. Not expensive interesting guide.
Centuries old gothic basilica church located in the middle of a shopping district w/ narrow streets and a square outside the church where a market is held every few days.
Just in front of a market. It is the perfect start place to explore El Barri Gotic
Impressive 14th Centrury gothic style Church. Amazing views of the city from rooftop so guided tour is well worth it.