Basilica De Santa Maria Del Pi1046 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Placa del Pi, 7, 08002 Barcelona, Spain, 08002
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-933184743
- Fax: +1-933027088
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Architecture , Community And Government, Religious, Churches
The Basilica de Santa Maria del Pi was built in the 14th century although there are unverified claims that a church stood on this site as far back as the 5th century. The architecture is of Catalan Gothic style with one of the highest cross-vaulted ceilings in the city. The structure comprises of a single nave with side chapels. There are beautiful stained glass windows of which some are original works and a beautiful bell tower worth visiting. The church also has museum, which exhibits gold and silverware as well as other religious objects. Santa Maria del Pi means Blessed Lady of the Pine Tree and there is pine tree that stands in front of the church.
Basilica De Santa Maria Del Pi Travel Tips
- Guided tours and group tours are available.
- Visiting for prayer is free outside of tour hours.
Entrance Ticket Details For Basilica De Santa Maria Del Pi
- Tours prices: Adults: 4 Euros, Youth (7-16 years), Student card, seniors (65+ years): 3 Euros, Under 6 years, disabled: free
- Group discounts are available.
- Guided full tou (including bell tower): Adult: 10 Euros, Youth (7-16 years), Student card, seniors (65+ years): 7 Euros, Disabled, unemployed: 4 Euros, under 6 years of age: free
Basilica De Santa Maria Del Pi Hours
- Guided tours are not available on 25th December, 26th December, 1st January and 6th January.
- Permanently open the Chapel of Blood timings: 09.30 am to 08.30 pm
- Guided full tours: Saturdays: 12 pm, 1.30 pm, 5 pm, 6.30 pm
- Guided full tours: Sunday: 12 pm, 1.30 pm, 5 pm
How to Reach Basilica De Santa Maria Del Pi
- Metro: L3 stop Liceu
- Bus: 14, 59 and 91
- Taller de Tapas
- Bar del Pi
- Irati Taverna Basca
- El Pi Antic
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.1% of people who visit Barcelona include Basilica De Santa Maria Del Pi in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
60% of people start their Basilica De Santa Maria Del Pi visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Basilica De Santa Maria Del Pi
62.5% of people prefer walking in order to reach Basilica De Santa Maria Del Pi