Castell De MontjuicCurrently Closed
- Address: Ctra. de Montjuïc, 66, 08038 Barcelona, Spain, 08038
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-932564440
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Family And Kids, Architecture , Specialty Museums, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
Castell De Montjuic is a very old military fort which possibly dates back to 1640. The Montjuic Hill Provides a picturesque backdrop for this castle. Although it is restored today, the castle was damaged during the Napoleonic wars.
The castle is an example of strong and imposing architecture. Moreover, there are collections of ancient weaponry as well as other miscellaneous military related equipment on display in its museum. This makes it a must-visit location for the travellers.
This place has been turned into municipality facility site. Today this museum is a place for arranging various cultural activities in this city.
- Fortress lost its military role and became the museum with excellent views at the city and its architectural masterpieces.
- Guided tours are available.
- Discounted entry: 3 Euros
- Under 16: free
- Sunday: free for all visitors after 3 pm
- Guided tours: English: 5 Euros, Spanish/ Catalan: 4 Euros
- Exhibitions and activities will end 30 minutes.
- Last ticket sales 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- Monday to Friday: 11 am, 1 pm
- Weekends and holidays: 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 4.30 pm
- Bus number 150 stops outside the castle at Castell bus station.
- Bus number 150 also stops outside the castle at Can Valero-Pg del Migdia bus station.
- Cable Car from Miramar Avenue stops outside the castle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.92% of people who visit Barcelona include Castell De Montjuic in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
29.85% of people start their Castell De Montjuic visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Castell De Montjuic
91.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castell De Montjuic
Unless you are in decent shape I recommend taking the funicular to the top. It connects from the metro station. The rest of the walk about 1KM is pleasant and green. It's free and the views are spectacular! Great way to just hang and enjoy city views!
Great views of Barcelona. Only 3-5 Euro entrance for basic fee. They have a deposit locker so you don't have to carry things around. The walk through the park is okay, but there is the T150 bus that runs very near the top. Not a lot of information panels but some. Might be worth the guided tour for the additional 4 euro.
One of the most beautiful experiences. A beautiful castle, a lot of history and lots of things to learn . We loved it. Although we spent a whole day there and saw every corner of it ,we will definitely go again. You have a beautiful view of Barcelona from the top and it's uplifting.
What a beautiful place to be. Just go up there and explore the castle and the great view over Barcelona and the big harbour on the other side. We get up with the cable railway and it's worth the ride. Not very crowded and with good weather a perfect must do when in barca. We really had a lot of fun. Thanks.
Worth a long visit on a sunny day. Allow time to wander around the park also. Remember it is up a hill, wear good shoes. The castle entrance - at the top, has lockers for bags. There is only a vending machine at the castle. Fairly pricey restaurant at foot of cable car though. We had to catch plane after our visit, so keep this visit till end of stay if you do the same.