Ciutat VellaCurrently Open
- Address: Barcelona, Spain
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Museums, Square, Neighborhoods
The word “Ciutat Vella” literally means “old city” in Catalan and righteously refers to the oldest neighbourhood in the city. Home to the main square Placa Catalunya, this area breathes the history of the city and the bustling present in sync!
The beautiful paved streets, the grand squares, the bunch of mansions, museums, and churches make it a hot hub for tourists.
Also famed as the place where King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella welcomed Columbus after his discovery of America, if you haven’t seen this place, you haven’t seen Barcelona!
Neighbourhoods within the area include:
- La Barceloneta
- El Gotic
- El Raval
- Sant Pere, Santa Caterina i la Ribera:
- Sant Pere
- Santa Caterina
- Various attractions within the neighborhood have different ticket prices.
- Various attractions within the neighborhood have different opening and closing times.
- Subway series L1: Universitat, Subway series L4- Jaume I, Subway series L3- stop Liceu, trains R2S- station Estación de Francia
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.65% of people who visit Barcelona include Ciutat Vella in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
35.82% of people start their Ciutat Vella visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Ciutat Vella
85.93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ciutat Vella