Ciutat Vella, Barcelona
About Ciutat Vella, Barcelona
Ciutat Vella, Barcelona - Address
Address: Barcelona, Spain
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 92.7K times in trip plans
Church, Museum, Square, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The word “Ciutat Vella” literally means “old city” in Catalan and righteously refers to the oldest neighbourhood in the city. Home to the main square Placa Catalunya, this area breathes the history of the city and the bustling present in sync!
The beautiful paved streets, the grand squares, the bunch of mansions, museums, and churches make it a hot hub for tourists.
Also famed as the place where King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella welcomed Columbus after his discovery of America, if you haven’t seen this place, you haven’t seen Barcelona!
Neighbourhoods within the area include:
- La Barceloneta
- El Gotic
- El Raval
- Sant Pere, Santa Caterina i la Ribera:
- Sant Pere
- Santa Caterina
Ciutat Vella Ticket Prices
- Various attractions within the neighborhood have different ticket prices.
Ciutat Vella Opening and Closing Hours
- Various attractions within the neighborhood have different opening and closing times.
How To reach Ciutat Vella by Public Transport
- Subway series L1: Universitat, Subway series L4- Jaume I, Subway series L3- stop Liceu, trains R2S- station Estación de Francia
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ciutat Vella, Barcelona Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Melon District Marina
- Felice Bar
- The White Flats
- The Temple Expiatori Del Sagrat Cor
- Carrer De Les Moles, 31
- Barcelona Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Barcelona
- What to See in 48 Hours in Barcelona
- What to See in 72 Hours in Barcelona
- How to Spend 5 Days in Barcelona
- How to Spend 6 Days in Barcelona
- How to Spend 7 Days in Barcelona