Cosmo Caixa is a famous science museum in Barcelona. Home to some striking exhibits, this natural science museum is designed in a very unique style. Based on the idea that it is only through direct involvement can one learn, this museum has specific touch and learn sections for kids.
There is also a well equipped planetarium. There are both permanent as well as temporary exhibitions inside the museum to look out for. A simulation of an Amazonian rainforest is given through the “flooded Forest” exhibit. The geological wall exhibits the various rock formations and structures. The Hall of matter educates the viewer about the various theories about the existence of the earth and how it all began. With such a great variety in educational devices, this museum is a definite must visit for families and especially for the kids.
Cosmocaixa Barcelona Travel Tips
- Cosmo Caixa has temporary and permanent exhibitions. It houses a planetarium which allows the public experience natural science.
- Car park, bookshop and shop, cafe easily accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
Entrance Ticket Details For Cosmocaixa Barcelona
- Under 16 years: free admission
- Free admission with the Barcelona card.
Cosmocaixa Barcelona Hours
- Open on Mondays during the Christmas and Easter holidays.
How to Reach Cosmocaixa Barcelona
- Bus 60, 196
- St. Remy
- Restaurante Asador de Aranda
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
40.54% of people who visit Barcelona include Cosmocaixa Barcelona in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
32.95% of people start their Cosmocaixa Barcelona visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Cosmocaixa Barcelona
94.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cosmocaixa Barcelona