Design Museum Of BarcelonaCurrently Closed
- Address: Plaça de les GlòriesCatalanes, 37, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-932566800
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Exhibition
Museu Del Disseny de Barcelona is actually a museum dedicated to design and is also known as the Design museum of Barcelona. The best part about this place is that it is not only a museum but also a laboratory. It keeps finding new ways to innovate designs that already exist and bring in changes in the vast field of design. There are various exhibitions going on here at all times. You also get to explore various fields such as product design, tech design and other categories under one roof. Must visit for people who understand design and are into visual creations.
- Tickets valid for any 2 days within the 6 months following purchase.
- Prices are subject to change. Check the official website.
- To know the details about the reduced tickets and free admission, visit the official website.
- Permanent exhibition – 6€ (General), 4€ (Reduced)
- Temporary exhibition – 4.40€ (General), 3€ (Reduced)
- Combined - 8€ (general), 5.50€(concessions)
- Free admission - Sunday afternoon (3pm – 8pm), the first Sunday of each month; February 14, 13 and 12 (Saint Eulàlia’s Day) and September 24 (Our Lady of Mercy)
- Last ticket sold 30 minutes before the closing hours.
- Monday is closed except holidays.
- By Metro :Linia 1 Glories (c.d.Alaba)
- Bus: Lines 7,92, 192, H12
- Tram: Trambesos T5, T6 – Glories
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.77% of people who visit Barcelona include Design Museum Of Barcelona in their plan
95% of people start their Design Museum Of Barcelona visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Design Museum Of Barcelona
People normally also visit Centre De Convencions Internacional De Barcelona while planning their trip to Design Museum Of Barcelona.
Wow, this is all I can say! The design entrance fee is very low (4€/person), and with your ticket you can come back again within 6 months for FREE! The exhibits are very interesting, for industrial design to clothes design. You can see all the ideas and the people from Spain who designed those amazing things some of us use daily without knowing. It has also a nice coffee shop on the ground floor. If you are in Barcelona and you like design or simply a curious person - go see this museum!
Looking for inspiration? Or a place to look at interesting projects? You must go to the design museum. Not only the long term expositions or the short term ones are incredible. Also the materials library will allow you to meet some innovations at the palm of your hand.
With a low entry price and a fascinating collection, I definitely recommend this museum. The temporary exhibition of advertising (early 2019) is worth a visit just on its own. Don't forget to bring a Euro coin to lock your bag up, as bags are not allowed in the galleries.
The public space is beautiful, with multiple libraries, a cafeteria and a materials center in the basement. The 4 floors of the museum are hit or miss depending on your interest. Top floor was graphic design from 90s, boring to me. Floor 3 was history of fashion, lots of dresses, marginally interest for me. Floor 2 was a mixture of ceramics, watches, textiles throughout history, very interesting. Floor one was a mixture of modern utility items, lamps, cars, kitchen equipment, motorcycles. Very nice observation deck too.
Very nice building. Good expositins, but fills like not fully presented. Very pleasant cafe to have some rest.