Anybody who has studied art deeply, would know the contribution of Antoni Tapies to the field. Fundacio Antoni Tapies is basically a museum dedicated to the aforementioned artist. He is mainly remembered for contributing greatly to the field of modern and contemporary art. As a matter of fact, it was created by him to promote these two forms of art. The cultural center and museum houses a great collection of paintings and artworks and is a treat for any artist to visit. It is a great option for a layman as well if he wishes to understand these fields.
- Group visits should be over 15 people and prior appointment is required.
- Students and seniors (above 60): 5.60 €
- Entry is free for unemployed and friends of the Fundacio Antoni Tapies.
- Groups (over 15 people): 5.60 € per person
- Free Entrance: On 18th May (International Museums Day), 22nd September (Festival of La Merce, patron saint of the city of Barcelona)
- Last admission 15 minutes before the closing times.
- For museum shop and library timings, visit the official website.
- By Bus: 7, 16, 17, 20, 22, 24, 28, 39, 43, 44, 45, 47, 63, 67, 68, 544 and Tomb Bus
- Nearest metro station: Passeig de Gràcia (Line III -Green- and Line IV -Yellow-)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
Stunning building but not my style of artwork. I also think this establishment could do more to engage visitors.
Hacía muchos años que quería entrar, y aprovechamos unas invitaciones recibidas en el trabajo para verlo. Actualmente hay 2 exposiciones: Biografía Política y el Giving Voices de Erkan Özgen. Me esperaba más, un espacio más grande y un ambiente más acogedor. Volvería para poder disfrutar de su biblioteca en la planta 1.
Tapies is an amazing artist. I wish the collection was bigger.
Beautiful building and very interesting collection of an important artist. I would recommend this visit.
I love modern art normally, but this place is somewhat a joke. 7 euro for a waste of time and energy. If I could, I would have given this place 0 stars. The only thing that was super cool here, and for which i raise my rating to 1 star, was the short (20 mins) special piano show that they have and included in the admission. But it's being played only on specific evenings and dates - so check to synchronize your visit with it.