How to Reach Barcelona
HOW TO GET TO BARCELONA
· By Air: When it comes to transportation in and around Barcelona, the airports are always a big feature. Barcelona El Prat Airport is located approximately 17 kilometers from the city centre, and being Spain’s second biggest airport, it offers all the necessary facilities.
· By Ferry or Cruise: Barcelona Port offers scheduled ferry services to Majorca, Ibiza, Minorca and Italy. It is also a departure and stopping point for many pleasure cruises.
· By Car: Barcelona is connected to the other Mediterranean destinations in Spain with AP-7 motorway.
HOW TO GET AROUND BARCELONA
Public transport is easy to use as there is a bus network, two tram networks, and numerous taxis, a metro as well as many aerial cable cars. An interesting thing to see is the historic tram line of Barcelona; a real hit with visitors! Railway is also an option as the AVE High Speed system was recently extended from Madrid. Once in the city, check out all the Barcelona tours to explore the city.
· By Metro: The metro system is easy to use and navigate, with 11 lines spanning over more then 120km and169 stations.
· By Bus: Buses cover all corners of the city. There are more than 100 lines in the city and many more that connects Barcelona to nearby towns.
· Fast Lines: A new network of fast lines (BRT - bus rapid transit) that cross the city in straight lines (as much as possible) with fewer stops for fast connection between the different parts of the city.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Barcelona. The most preferred mode of transport in Barcelona is Walking.
Average distance: 9.69 km Average time: 30.38 min
Walking 22.58%Walking 20.86 min Train 1.46 min Waiting 1 min Tram 0.57 min Motorbike 0.43 min Bike 0.36 min Bus 0.21 min Overall average time for 2.63 kms 24.89 min
Car 18.55%Driving 33.22 min Walking 0.52 min Overall average time for 20.53 kms 33.74 min
Bike 11.29%Bike 19.5 min Walking 1.93 min Overall average time for 4.19 kms 21.43 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.61%Tram 22.5 min Waiting 4.5 min Walking 4 min Bus 2 min Overall average time for 5.75 kms 33 min
Train/Metro 20.16%Train 25.24 min Walking 9.32 min Waiting 5.2 min Other 0.6 min Bus 0.4 min Overall average time for 12.37 kms 40.76 min
Motorbike 15.32%Motorbike 16.84 min Walking 0.37 min Overall average time for 5.87 kms 17.21 min
Bus/Trolleybus 7.26%Bus 36.67 min Walking 6.78 min Waiting 6.67 min Train 1.11 min Overall average time for 13.94 kms 51.22 min
What is the best form of transportation to get from the Barcelona Cruise Port to my hotel in Sant Gervase de Cassoles?Answer Report Abuse
If you wish to use public mode of transport, consider taking bus V11 or V13 that run from the Barcelona Port to Sant Gervasi - la Bonanova. Alternatively, you can hire a cab to reach faster and to the exact location.Report Abuse