How to Reach Barcelona - The Easiest Way to Reach Barcelona
HOW TO GET TO BARCELONA
· By Air: When it comes to transportation in and around Barcelona, the airports are always a big feature. Barcelona El Prat Airport is located approximately 17 kilometers from the city centre, and being Spain’s second biggest airport, it offers all the necessary facilities.
· By Ferry or Cruise: Barcelona Port offers scheduled ferry services to Majorca, Ibiza, Minorca and Italy. It is also a departure and stopping point for many pleasure cruises.
· By Car: Barcelona is connected to the other Mediterranean destinations in Spain with AP-7 motorway.
HOW TO GET AROUND BARCELONA
Public transport is easy to use as there is a bus network, two tram networks, and numerous taxis, a metro as well as many aerial cable cars. An interesting thing to see is the historic tram line of Barcelona; a real hit with visitors! Railway is also an option as the AVE High Speed system was recently extended from Madrid. Once in the city, check out all the Barcelona tours to explore the city.
· By Metro: The metro system is easy to use and navigate, with 11 lines spanning over more then 120km and169 stations.
· By Bus: Buses cover all corners of the city. There are more than 100 lines in the city and many more that connects Barcelona to nearby towns.
· Fast Lines: A new network of fast lines (BRT - bus rapid transit) that cross the city in straight lines (as much as possible) with fewer stops for fast connection between the different parts of the city.
Are you looking for a Barcelona travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Barcelona
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Barcelona. The most preferred mode of transport in Barcelona is Walking.
Average distance: 10.23 km Average time: 31.99 min
Walking 21.98%Walking 23.2 min Bike 2.1 min Motorbike 1.35 min Waiting 1.2 min Tram 0.8 min Train 0.45 min Bus 0.3 min Overall average time for 2.86 kms 29.4 min
Train/Metro 18.68%Train 22.59 min Walking 10 min Waiting 5.71 min Other 0.88 min Bus 0.59 min Overall average time for 11.64 kms 39.76 min
Bike 12.09%Bike 20.27 min Walking 1.55 min Overall average time for 4.15 kms 21.82 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.1%Tram 15 min Walking 6 min Waiting 4 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 25 min
Car 20.88%Driving 34.68 min Walking 0.63 min Overall average time for 21.38 kms 35.32 min
Motorbike 14.29%Motorbike 16.85 min Walking 0.46 min Overall average time for 5.5 kms 17.31 min
Bus/Trolleybus 7.69%Bus 40.71 min Waiting 7.43 min Walking 6.14 min Train 1.43 min Overall average time for 16.79 kms 55.71 min
How to Reach Barcelona from Nearby Cities
|Sant cugat del vallès to Barcelona||13.67 km||13 mins|
|Mollet del vallès to Barcelona||17.99 km||17 mins|
|Sabadell to Barcelona||19.59 km||19 mins|
|Rubí to Barcelona||19.8 km||19 mins|
|Sitges to Barcelona||44.03 km||44 mins|
|Pineda de mar to Barcelona||62.53 km||1 hour 2 mins|
|Malgrat de mar to Barcelona||69.68 km||1 hour 9 mins|
|Lloret de mar to Barcelona||81.24 km||1 hour 21 mins|
|Altafulla to Barcelona||92.5 km||1 hour 32 mins|
|Llagostera to Barcelona||93.98 km||1 hour 33 mins|
- How to reach L'hospitalet De Llobregat
- How to reach Sant Just Desvern
- How to reach Badalona
- How to reach Cornellà De Llobregat
- How to reach Sant Cugat Del Vallès
- How to reach Montgat