How to Reach Barcelona, Spain
The Easiest Way to Reach Barcelona
HOW TO GET TO BARCELONA
· By Air: When it comes to transportation in and around Barcelona, the airports are always a big feature. Barcelona El Prat Airport is located approximately 17 kilometers from the city centre, and being Spain’s second biggest airport, it offers all the necessary facilities.
· By Ferry or Cruise: Barcelona Port offers scheduled ferry services to Majorca, Ibiza, Minorca and Italy. It is also a departure and stopping point for many pleasure cruises.
· By Car: Barcelona is connected to the other Mediterranean destinations in Spain with AP-7 motorway.
HOW TO GET AROUND BARCELONA
Public transport is easy to use as there is a bus network, two tram networks, and numerous taxis, a metro as well as many aerial cable cars. An interesting thing to see is the historic tram line of Barcelona; a real hit with visitors! Railway is also an option as the AVE High Speed system was recently extended from Madrid. Once in the city, check out all the Barcelona tours to explore the city.
· By Metro: The metro system is easy to use and navigate, with 11 lines spanning over more then 120km and169 stations.
· By Bus: Buses cover all corners of the city. There are more than 100 lines in the city and many more that connects Barcelona to nearby towns.
· Fast Lines: A new network of fast lines (BRT - bus rapid transit) that cross the city in straight lines (as much as possible) with fewer stops for fast connection between the different parts of the city.
Are you looking for a Barcelona travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Barcelona
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Barcelona. The most preferred mode of transport in Barcelona is Walking.
Average distance: 10.58 km Average time: 31.64 min
Walking 23.68%Walking 23.56 min Bike 2.33 min Motorbike 1.5 min Waiting 1.33 min Tram 0.89 min Bus 0.33 min Train 0.33 min Overall average time for 2.89 kms 30.28 min
Train/Metro 17.11%Train 21.08 min Walking 9.15 min Waiting 5 min Bus 0.77 min Other 0.77 min Overall average time for 11.61 kms 36.77 min
Bike 13.16%Bike 20.3 min Walking 1.2 min Overall average time for 4.2 kms 21.5 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.32%Tram 15 min Walking 6 min Waiting 4 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 25 min
Car 19.74%Driving 36.33 min Walking 0.8 min Overall average time for 23.35 kms 37.13 min
Motorbike 15.79%Motorbike 16.58 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 5.54 kms 17.08 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.26%Bus 55 min Waiting 7.5 min Walking 6.25 min Train 2.5 min Overall average time for 26.5 kms 71.25 min
How to Reach Barcelona from Nearby Cities
|Sant Cugat Del Vallès to Barcelona||13.67 km||13 mins|
|Mollet Del Vallès to Barcelona||18.62 km||27 mins|
|Rubí to Barcelona||19.8 km||19 mins|
|Sabadell to Barcelona||23.9 km||34 mins|
- How to reach Badalona
- How to reach Cabrils
- How to reach Montblanc
- How to reach Girona
- How to reach Alcaniz
- How to reach Calvia
- How to reach Palma De Mallorca
- How to reach Minorca
- How to reach Huesca
- How to reach Madrid
- How to reach Seville
- How to reach Malaga
- How to reach Toledo
- How to reach Jerez
- How to reach Santiago De Compostela