How to Reach Barcelona
The Easiest Way to Reach Barcelona
HOW TO GET TO BARCELONA
· By Air: When it comes to transportation in and around Barcelona, the airports are always a big feature. Barcelona El Prat Airport is located approximately 17 kilometers from the city centre, and being Spain’s second biggest airport, it offers all the necessary facilities.
· By Ferry or Cruise: Barcelona Port offers scheduled ferry services to Majorca, Ibiza, Minorca and Italy. It is also a departure and stopping point for many pleasure cruises.
· By Car: Barcelona is connected to the other Mediterranean destinations in Spain with AP-7 motorway.
HOW TO GET AROUND BARCELONA
Public transport is easy to use as there is a bus network, two tram networks, and numerous taxis, a metro as well as many aerial cable cars. An interesting thing to see is the historic tram line of Barcelona; a real hit with visitors! Railway is also an option as the AVE High Speed system was recently extended from Madrid. Once in the city, check out all the Barcelona tours to explore the city.
· By Metro: The metro system is easy to use and navigate, with 11 lines spanning over more then 120km and169 stations.
· By Bus: Buses cover all corners of the city. There are more than 100 lines in the city and many more that connects Barcelona to nearby towns.
· Fast Lines: A new network of fast lines (BRT - bus rapid transit) that cross the city in straight lines (as much as possible) with fewer stops for fast connection between the different parts of the city.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Barcelona and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Barcelona
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Barcelona. The most preferred mode of transport in Barcelona is Car.
Average distance: 11.49 km Average time: 31.75 min
Car 23.44%Driving 36.33 min Walking 0.8 min Overall average time for 23.35 kms 37.13 min
Motorbike 17.19%Motorbike 17.64 min Walking 0.55 min Overall average time for 5.95 kms 18.18 min
Bike 12.5%Bike 22.5 min Walking 1.25 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 23.75 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.56%Tram 15 min Walking 6 min Waiting 4 min Overall average time for 4.5 kms 25 min
Walking 20.31%Walking 22.46 min Bike 1.92 min Waiting 1.69 min Tram 1.23 min Motorbike 1.15 min Bus 0.46 min Overall average time for 2.68 kms 28.92 min
Train/Metro 15.63%Train 21.9 min Walking 8.9 min Waiting 5.1 min Bus 1 min Other 1 min Overall average time for 12.59 kms 37.9 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4.69%Bus 53.33 min Waiting 6.67 min Walking 6.67 min Train 3.33 min Overall average time for 28 kms 70 min
- How to reach Cities Near Barcelona
- How to reach Calaf
- How to reach Anglesola
- How to reach Albocàsser
- How to reach Benimàmet
- How to reach Majorca
- How to reach Ceresa
- How to reach Ciutadella De Menorca
- How to reach San Miguel
- How to reach Casinos
- How to reach Alòs De Balaguer
- How to reach Pomar De Cinca
- How to reach Santa Perpètua De Gaià
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Bucharest
- How to reach Višnjevac
- How to reach Plorec-sur-arguenon
- How to reach Evron
- How to reach Olanesti
- How to reach Szuhakálló
- How to reach Tuningen
- How to reach Faleyras
- How to reach Faggiano
- How to reach Daarlerveen