La Monumental138 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes, 749, 08013 Barcelona, Spain Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-932455802
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museums, Arena, Specialty Museums
Spain is known for its tradition of bull fighting. La Monumental in Barcelona was established as the world’s only Art-Nouveau bullring in 1914. Although bull fighting as a sport was banned in 2011, this place continues to serve as a museum that displays a collection of historic matadors’ costumes from 1726 to the present day. Along with that, there is also an enticing collection of vintage posters advertising bullfights, old photos, statues of famous matadors and bullfighting paraphernalia. Although the tradition seems to be fading away from the modern world, there is still some historicity of bullfighting that one can observe here.
La Monumental Travel Tips
- The exhibits in the bullfighting museum are labelled in English, Spanish, French and German.
How to Reach La Monumental
- By Metro: L2 Monumental
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
- La Monumental Address: Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes, 749, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
- La Monumental Contact Number: +34-932455802
- La Monumental Timing: 11:00 am - 08:00 pm
- La Monumental Price: 6 EUR
- Time required to visit La Monumental: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.47% of people who visit Barcelona include La Monumental in their plan
50% of people start their La Monumental visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see La Monumental
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting La Monumental
People normally club together Barcelona Egyptian Museum and Sagrada Familia while planning their visit to La Monumental.
La Monumental Reviews & Ratings
am looking for a space for one of our clients to organize an event for 1000 people. I thought about La Monumental. I am looking for a contact to the person responsible for leasing the space ? E-mail ? All the best Greg 48 504601892Answer Report Abuse