Pablo Picasso is nothing short of a 20th century art legend. A museum honouring his work has been set-up in Barcelona and is the control centre for the appreciation, collection and preservation of Picasso’s legacy.
Picasso produces a myriad of different artworks in his life. You can see 3500 of the artist’s works in this museum.
Located in a medieval palace this museum undoubtedly houses the most extensive collection of Picasso’s art. The museum has 5 parts and houses drawings, paintings, engravings sketches and also some ceramic art. It has slowly become a hub for young artists and arts students who want to study the work of the famous artist.
Give your Barcelona trip, an artistic twist by visiting the Picasso Museum. The Picasso Museum is a very popular attraction of Barcelona and showcases the creations of the world famous painter. Though the Picasso Museum is always crowded it is advisable to book the Picasso Museum tickets, in advance. If you’re okay with standing in the line, then you can buy Picasso Museum tickets from the ticket counter itself. Also, you can opt for the specific Picasso Museum tour tickets. You can book tickets for Picasso Museum tours so that you can soak yourself in rich art forms.
Picasso Museum Travel Tips
- Online ticket booking is available.
- The sale of tickets can end prior to the closing of the museum if the tickets run out; advance ticket buying is recommended.
- Wheelchair access available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Picasso Museum
- Given ticket price is for collection.
- Collection + temporary exhibitions: 14 Euros
- Temporary Exhibitions: 4 Euros
- On Thursdays, discounted entry after 7 pm.
- 18-25 years, 65+, unemployed and Barcelona card holders have discounted entry.
- All Sundays free from 3 pm.
- First Sunday of each month, free Museum entrance for everybody.
- Open door days: 12th February, 17th May, 24th September
- Skip the line tickets are available, for details visit official website.
How to Reach Picasso Museum
- Bus lines: 17, 40, 45, 19, 39, 51, 14, 59, 120
- Metro line 1: Acr de Triomf station
- Metro line 3: Liceu station, Line 4: Jaume I station
- El Xampanyet
- Bar Rodrigo
- Senyor Parellada
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
53.69% of people who visit Barcelona include Picasso Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
32.4% of people start their Picasso Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Picasso Museum
73.05% of people prefer walking in order to reach Picasso Museum
Picasso Museum Reviews & Ratings
I am no art lover and am almost allergic to museums but this one is amazing. Spend 3 extra Euros and take the audio tour which I did. You will travel through history over next hour or so. You get the complete feel of picasso's evolution as an artist and you get an insight about the city's landscape over the past century through his paintings.In one place you can sit and read all the books on him. There is a lovely souvenir shop on the ground floor.Main museum is located on the first floor.If you want to enjoy this place go alone ( if you have friends with you they are likely to ruin your time).I found a few lost people without the audio guide who seemed unimpressed.This is not a place which will awe you unless you carry the right mindset!