Placa Del ReiCurrently Open
- Address: Plaça del Rei, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Square, Family And Kids
Placa Del Rei - Review
Placa del Rei is a medieval square in Barcelona that attracts the travellers with its Gothic architectural ensemble signifying medieval past. Surrounded by the Royal Palace, this square is also home to certain other attractions such as:
- The 14th-century royal chapel of Santa Àgata that contains the valuable Contestable altarpiece by JaumeHuguet.
- The 16th-century Palau del Lloctinent, or Lieutenant's Palace, which is currently home to the Archive of the Crown of Aragon.
- the Museud'Història de la Ciutat de Barcelona, which contains the archaeological remains of Roman Barcelona.
As for the palace, it was constructed to serve as the residence of the Catalan counts from the 13th to the early 15th centuries.
Placa Del Rei Ticket Prices
- There is no entry fee to the square. However, there are charges for entry to the museum.
How To reach Placa Del Rei by Public Transport
- By Metro:L4-Jaume I
- By Bus: 45, 120, V15, V17
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Placa Del Rei
2.43% of people who visit Barcelona include Placa Del Rei in their plan
20% of people start their Placa Del Rei visit around 7 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Placa Del Rei
60% of people prefer walking in order to reach Placa Del Rei
Placa Del Rei Trips
Placa Del Rei, Barcelona Reviews
Beautifull placa to take a dribk and relax...
Nice place for a coffee or some interesting bites. The place is brimming with history, which I discovered as part of a group tour with friends. It has imprints of old culture and new. A must visit on a trip to Barcelona.
Centre of old gothic city here is acces underworld old roman Barcelona. Also here is remains of medieval castle and maybe somehow hidden church in typical catalunya gothic style.
Found this place by accident when working in the center. It habe a greate bar located there with seating right in the middel of the square. It all habe a game of throme feeling to it.
Beautiful, Historic, Lots of tourists,Check the " Castellers "[ Human towers]