Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau, Barcelona
Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau, Barcelona - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Carrer de Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 36.6K times in trip plans
Garden, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Unesco Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau, Barcelona
Dating between years 1905 to 1930, this complex was designed by Lluís Domènech i Montaner to be used as a public hospital. Although built for a different purpose than what it is famed for today, the architecture of the building is marvellous and worth spending a glance. Considered to be a landmark in the art-nouveau style, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is an epitome of historic and artistic elegance.
Stunning pavilions, landscaped gardens, magnetic underground passages and beautiful interiors are worth your time!
Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau Information
- Guided visits are available in Catalan, Spanish, English and French, prior reservation is recommended.
Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau Ticket Prices
- Aged 16 to 29, over 65, Targeta Rosa Reduïda cardholders: 7 Euros
- Guided visit: 16 Euros, aged 16 to 29, over 65, Targeta Rosa Reduida cardholders: 11.20 Euros
- Children under 16 (accompanied by an adult), unemployed, teachers, Targeta Rosa Gratuïta cardholders, disabled: free
- Group visit, school visits and technical visits have discounted entry fee, check official website for the same.
- Free entrance: 12th February, 23rd April, 9th May, 24th September, first Sunday of the month (only self-guided visits in the regular route of the visits program).
Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau Opening and Closing Hours
- Schedule for guided visit is available on official website.
How To reach Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau by Public Transport
- Buses 192, N0: stop Cartagena-Av Gaudí, subway L5- stop Sant Pau | Dos de Maig
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau Sightseeing Tours
Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau Tickets & Passes
Recinte Modernista De Sant Pau, Barcelona Reviews - Write a Review
This place is an absolute gem. I read about it online as an offbeat visit in Barcelona. Have to say I enjoyed it far more than Parc Güell. It is full of stunning architecture and very beautiful story behind its construction. The gardens alone are worth the entrance fee. Do visit it
In my opinion, the most interesting work of modernism in Barcelona. This is a complex of buildings that were designed for a hospital and are currently a large open-air museum. In some of the buildings you can enter and look inside. It is 1 km away from Sagrada Familia.
The former Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital of the Holy Cross and Saint Paul) in the neighborhood of El Guinardó, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain, is a complex built between 1901 and 1930, designed by the Catalan modernisme architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner. Together with Palau de la Música Catalana, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was a fully functioning hospital until June 2009, when the new hospital opened next to it, before undergoing restoration for use as a museum and cultural center, which opened in 2014.
Really enjoyed the visit there. Very interesting to discover the old hospital
IMHO this is the the BEST place to experience architecture in Barcelona. We were there before the restoration when it was a working hospital. I would like to go back and see what they have restored.