Sagrada FamiliaCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Carrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +34-935132060
- Ticket Price: 15 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
To call the Sagrada Familia beautiful would be an understatement. Antonio Gaudi, the genius designer who has designed Sagrada Familia has left his mark almost all over Barcelona. But this particular building is one of the most striking-looking structures ever built. Although it is incomplete it has a very unique and royal splendour that makes beholding it a rare pleasure.
The famous Nativity façade is extremely intricately sculpted and was finished by the architect himself. Two of the towers have been joint a bridge which can be accessed and provides a spectacular vantage point. There are several reptilian designs, which are Gaudi’s signature, sculpted into stone. The charity doorway especially is exceptional as it not only features intricate stonework but also glasswork. In fact, the carving and sculpting is so rich and varied it has to be seen to be believed. It is hence nor surprising that this historic building has achieved an iconic status not just in Barcelona but all over the world!
- With the ticket you can view Gaudí's workshop next to the building of the Museum of the Sagrada Familia.
- Be sure to dress a bit conservatively since the place was designed to be a church.
- Access to the towers is not possible for wheelchair users.
- Guided tours available in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian and German.
- Audio guides available in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese and Russian.
- With Barcelona Card: € 13.80 and Reduced admission: € 12.80
- Audio Guide: € 5.00
- Lift Ride: € 4,50 and Disabled (65%): Free admission (+1 accompanying person)
- Visit+ Guided tour: 24 Euros
- Visit+ audio guide+ towers: 29 Euros
- Visit+ audio guide: 22 Euros
- Combined ticket with Gaudi
- Free: children 10 and under, people with accredited disability 65% or higher + 1 companion, the unemployed (Wednesdays afternoon)
- Discounted Rates: students, under 18s, seniors
- Ticket office closes 15 minutes prior to the closing time.
- Subway Line L2, L5- Stop Sagrada Familia, bus N0, N7
- Restaurante Sant-Joan is nearby: Spanish HomeStyle Cooking
- Bar Mut
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Barcelona include Sagrada Familia in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
79.23% of people start their Sagrada Familia visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Sagrada Familia
83.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sagrada Familia
There is nothing new I can say here that has not been said in the 26000+ reviews. You simply cannot miss this on your visit to Barcelona. This is Antoni Gaudi's spectacular vision that is under construction for more than a century now. The interior is simply breathtaking! I highly recommend booking a guided tour to appreciate the effort gone into building this masterpiece. As it is still under construction you will notice sections of church closed off depending on the work being done. Will definitely return back upon its completion estimated in 2026!
Make sure to purchase your tickets online before visiting one of the most famous landmarks in Barcelona. Also, pay extra to get up to the top of the tower to see some of the details of the structure up close and the construction in progress. The exterior of the cathedral was impressive but the interior of the cathedral was just breathtakingly beautiful. I was in awe with colorful stain glass windows and the detailed interior with organic lines throughout the structure almost brought tears to my eyes. I just can't wrap around my head that this building is still under construction, and it's been going on for more than a century. I'm definitely coming back to visit when it is completed in several more years from now.
If I were to choose one destination to hit while in Barcelona, La Sagrada Familia would be it. Antoni Gaudí's vision for this Cathedral is genuinely breathtaking. His choice to have all biblical tributes individually placed outside of the building leaves the perfect canvas for what he achieved inside. The reflection of nature through building structure and the color of lighting is remarkable and one of a kind.
Saying that its an amazing and incredible work from the genius Gaudi would be an understatement. Its a monument that has to be seen to appreciate. Its a feast to the eyes and redefines the word beautiful. The fact that it is designed in such a way to let light into every corner of the cathedral makes it more wonderful. We have to book tickets online in advance. A must see place in Barcelona.
One of the most iconic places (if not the most)in Barcelona! The architecture is amazing and you will fall in love with it. Taking in consideration that the church was designed 140 years ago yet remains modern!