Santa Maria Del Mar8489 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Placa de Santa Maria, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +34-933102390
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Architecture , Community And Government, Religious, Churches
This is an ancient church located in the Ribera district of Barcelona. The Gothic style architecture makes this church an extremely impressive tourist site. This imposing church has huge columns and facades that inspire awe. The cutwork, stained-glass windows and the carved sky-lights are absolutely breathtaking. The beautiful sculptures also depict how the church was built.
The slender stone columns are famous around the world due to their unique design and they give the whole church a very gothic and striking appearance. The beautiful tall windows make it very well lit during the day. It is best to visit this church in the day as the architecture truly shines through then.
Santa Maria Del Mar Travel Tips
- No parking facility is available.
Santa Maria Del Mar Hours
- Mass timings: 7.30 pm everyday
- Guided tours: 11 am and 7pm (Basilica, crypt and terraces)
- Unguided tours: 1 pm and 5 pm (basilica and crypt)
How to Reach Santa Maria Del Mar
- Metro: L4 station Jaume I
- Bus: 17, 19, 40 and 45
- Barcelona Tourist Bus: Stop Pla de Palau
- Andante Hotel
- Chic and Basic Ramblas
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Barcelona before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barcelona and book an accommodation of your choice.
28.27% of people who visit Barcelona include Santa Maria Del Mar in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50.42% of people start their Santa Maria Del Mar visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Santa Maria Del Mar
70.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Santa Maria Del Mar