- Address: Province of Bari, Apulia, Italy
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 12:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Castle, Family And Kids, Town
Adelfia or what the Italians call as Adelfie is an Italian commune in the city of Bari. Born out of the union of the two municipalities of Montrone and Canneto, the new city was named Adelaide meaning ‘brotherhood’ in Greek.
The city boasts of a rich heritage and a charming history with its origins in the two cities:
- Church of St. Mary, Montrone.
- Church of Our Lady of the Star, Canneto.
- Mother Church dedicated to St. Nicolas, Montrone.
- Mother Church dedicated to the Immaculate, Canneto.
- Marquis Palace, Montrone.
- Castle of Fascina or Casina Don Cataldo, Canneto.
- Angiuli palace, Montrone.
- Palazzo Angiuli, Montrone.
- Villa Monteleone or Gigia Villa, Canneto.
- Do not forget to check out the ancient prison for adulterous women.
- Those travelling in November can witness the “queen of the festivities” of Puglia held in honour of Montrone’s patron saint St. Tryphon. Check out the fabulous display of fireworks.
- Grape Festival, mid September.
- Wine festivals, summer harvest.
Adelfia Travel Tips
- Visit during the winter months.
- Wine festivals are often accompanied with Jazz musicians and other cultural shows.
How to Reach Adelfia
- Buses connect to Adelfia.
- Ristorante Pizzeria Fuochi Il Caminet
- Pizzeria Al Castello
- Ristorante La Tana Di Alfonzo Nicola
- D'Ambrosio Antonieta
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bari before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bari and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.09% of people who visit Bari include Adelfia in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
93.02% of people start their Adelfia visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 12 Hrs to see Adelfia
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Adelfia
People normally club together Bari War Cemetary and Convento Suore Crocifisse Adoratrici Dell'eucarestia while planning their visit to Adelfia.