Bari Cathedral1096 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza dell'Odegitria, 1, 70122 Bari, Italy, Puglia
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0805210605
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Even though the Cathedral is overshadowed by the adjoining Basilica of St. Nicolas, it is worth a visit. Highly recommended by tourists across the world, it is one of the most important places of Catholic worship and seat for the archbishops of Bari.
Built during the Byzantine rule in 1062, the original design resembled a Latin cross. The building was later destroyed and rebuilt after restoration.
- Houses the relics of St. Sabinus (bishop of Canosa).
- A true blue example of Apulian Romanesque art
- The cathedral has magnificent carvings of monsters and other beasts
- Stylistically designed columns (16) and arches
- Awe evoking intricate masonry and frescos.
Bari Cathedral Travel Tips
- One could participate in an ongoing church service.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bari Cathedral
- Private Tour of Bari City. Sightseeing including Basilica di San Nicola and Castello Normanno-Svevo @ Rs 1500 onwards.
- Pizzeria Arco della Neve
- Spilotros Teresa
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Puglia before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Puglia and book an accommodation of your choice.