Basilica Of BarsentoCurrently Closed
- Address: Indirizzo: SS. Per Noci, contrada Barsento, 70015 Bari, Italy
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Basilica of Barsento is real gem in the architectural history of Apulia. The adjoining farm was once a convent. It is not open to visitors anymore. Built in 591 AD under Pope Gregory the Great, it was home to the monks of St. Equizio.
The church is often admired for:
- The Greek-Roman inspiration for church.
- The facade and the technique used to build the church, inspired by the construction of Trulli.
- Effigy of Jesus at the Altar.
- Effigy of Madonna and Child with the saints.
- Frescos of Byzantine origin.
- Check opening hours with the church.
- Ristorante Pizzeria
- Fe ristorante
- Il Marsupio Restaurant
- Masseria Bonelli
- L'Antica Locanda
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bari before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bari and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.98% of people who visit Bari include Basilica Of Barsento in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
80.49% of people start their Basilica Of Barsento visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Basilica Of Barsento
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica Of Barsento