Mercadante Forest405 Votes Currently Open
- Address: S.S. 98, km35, Cassano delle Murge, 70020 Bari, Italy
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-080764333
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature, Bird Watching
Covering a span of almost 1300 hectares, the Mercadante forest is part of the Alta Murgia Park. Interestingly this forest is artificially created as a demographic recovery of Bari, following the deforestation that was causing environmental damages in the nineteenth century.
Once you are done with the urban sprawl of Bari, breathe some fresh air.
- Walking or cycling through this beautiful nature trail.
- Ideal for trekking and family picnics.
- The forest will delight you with animals like peacocks, rabbits, donkeys, variety of birds, etc.
- It also houses a restaurant where one can gorge into freshly barbequed meat while enjoying harmony with nature.
Mercadante Forest Travel Tips
- Carry walking shoes, drinking water, sunscreen, cap and sunglasses.
- A map of the area will also be helpful in navigating.
- Do not feed the animals.
- La Selva di Diana
- Rubini Chef Service
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bari before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bari and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.78% of people who visit Bari include Mercadante Forest in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.48% of people start their Mercadante Forest visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Mercadante Forest
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mercadante Forest