Scavi Di Egnazia - MuseoCurrently Open [Closes at 07:30 pm]
Known as Gnatia in the ancient times, the ruins of Egnazia are one of the most important archaeological sites of Puglia. The ruins have a diverse history starting from The Bronze Ages and ending at the Roman Empire before it was destroyed and abandoned completely.
The site is divided into three parts:
- The Museum: Hosts the archaeological finds and other historical artefacts from the ruins.
- Necropolis (right of the museum): The burial ground for a succession of different ages.
- The Archaeological Park: Demarcated by Messapian walls. Witness the times and lives of many centuries.
Scavi Di Egnazia - Museo Travel Tips
- Enter from the coast Monopoli-Savelletri.
- Special guided tours are hosted on particular days for the hearing impaired. Check attraction website.
- First Sunday of the month admissions are free. Check attraction website.
- Begin with the museum and then move on to the ruins.
Entrance Ticket Details For Scavi Di Egnazia - Museo
- € 3.00 for Museum and Archeological Park.
- € 2.00 only Museum.
- € 2.00 only Archaeological Park.
- 50% on ticket prices for age 18-25 years.
- Up to 18 years of age free admission.
Scavi Di Egnazia - Museo Hours
Timings for the archaeological park:
- March: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm (8:30 am - 4:30 pm Ticket sale)
- April - Sept: 8:30 am - 7:15 pm (8:30 am - 6:15 pm Ticket sale)
- October: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm (8:30 am - 5:00 pm Ticket sale)
- Nov - Feb: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (8:30 am - 3:30 pm Ticket sale)
- La Marea Ristorante
- Osteria del Porto
- La Taverna di Umberto di Micoli Marta
- Ristorante Da Renzina Di Giuseppe Camerlengo
- Ristorante Maddalena
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bari before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bari and book an accommodation of your choice.
25.04% of people who visit Bari include Scavi Di Egnazia - Museo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
91% of people start their Scavi Di Egnazia - Museo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 7 Hrs to see Scavi Di Egnazia - Museo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Scavi Di Egnazia - Museo
Scavi Di Egnazia - Museo Reviews & Ratings
Interesting archeological place. From here the Appia way become Egnazia way until Costantinopolis
Much to see. Museum + outdoor museum + underwater museum (extra paid). Worth to visit.
A great educational way to spend an afternoon. Between the museum and various interesting finds available, well worth a visit. Need to be able bodied to work the whole site. The most recent find 'melograno tomb' the most interesting as animated by an enthisiastic historian. Always worth that extra mile. Museum needs more information in english for any traveller. I speak and read italian but history can be challenging!!
Fascinating archeological site. Very quiet too.
Lovely place but confusing a little on signs in the road. Where to park and get your tickets. But worth a visit