- Address: Seaport at Apulia, Northwest of Bari, Southern Italy
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, River, Family And Kids
It is the harbour city in the region of Apulia (Puglia) with clear Greek influences. Also known as the Pearl of Puglia. Visitors can choose from:
- Historical grandeur of the city, castles and forts
- Pilgrimage, churches.
- The public gardens for its magnificent view.
- The more laid back can take a leisurely stroll across the city’s shiny limestone streets, finishing alongside the Adriatic coastline witnessing a spectacular sunset overlooking the Adriatic Sea.
There is a Tourist Information Center just by the harbor on Piazza Trieste with opening and closing timings.
Trani Travel Tips
- In case of travel by train, reserve your seats in advance. Online booking available.
- Residents are hospitable and polite, so feel free to ask for directions. Though always a good idea to keep a map handy.
How to Reach Trani
- National Train service (Ferrovie dello Stato)
- Euro star on the Lecce-Milano line
- Autolinee Marino bus service
Must try the local sea-food delicacies at restaurants along the Harbor.
- Quintessenza (traveler’s choice award, fine dining)
- Don Juan
- Corte in Fiore (fine dining)
- Pulcinella (best pizza)
- Code Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bari before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bari and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.22% of people who visit Bari include Trani in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
64% of people start their Trani visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Trani
94.56% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Trani