Castillo De Salgar241 Votes Currently Open
- Address: a 13.5 Km de Barranquilla y 3 de Puerto Colombia, Barranquilla, Colombia
- Timings: 11:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Phone: +57-53714545
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
A military fortification built in 1848 on the ruins of a previous fort San Antonio. Castillo Salgar has served many purposes since then. Some of them being a military fortification, a prison, an institution for disabled and a university of arts. Its architecture is distinctively colonial with vast corridors and archways. The construction is mainly defence oriented although some minor modifications were added later. Today the place hosts a classic restaurant and an art gallery. There are cultural events that are performed there which can be attended with family and friends.
Entrance Ticket Details For Castillo De Salgar
- Prices depend on the event being attended.
How to Reach Castillo De Salgar
- Located 15 kms north of Barranquilla. Taxi would cost around 20000 to 25000 pesos.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Barranquilla before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Barranquilla and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.44% of people who visit Barranquilla include Castillo De Salgar in their plan
48% of people start their Castillo De Salgar visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Castillo De Salgar
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castillo De Salgar