Are you looking for what to do in Barranquilla?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
- Carnaval de Barranquilla: This is the most important tourist attraction in the city. Celebrated four days prior to the Ash Wednesday, the Carnival of Barranquilla is a spectacular multi-faceted culture and folk festival celebrated for four long days. The carnival involves colourful parades, dances, concerts, multicultural events and several other activities to do. One of the famous cultural festivals of the world, and the most important one in Colombia, it remains on the itineraries of thousands of visitors every year.
- Museo del Caribe: A museum that houses the collection of Barranquilla’s and the Caribbean history.
- Bocas de Cenzia: A place where the River Magdalena joins the Caribbean Sea.
- Barranquilla Zoo: A huge wildlife sanctuary that is home to a wide range of flora and fauna species native to South America.
- Pumarejo Bridge: The Bridge over River Magdalena that offers spectacular views.
- Teatro Municipal Amira de la Rosa: The cultural heart of Barranquilla where a majority of workshops, performances and artistic presentations are held.
- The Barranquilla tourist information centre has maps and a complete list of places open for the public to see. You can hire a tour guide for private tours in and around the city.
Below we have a list of things to do in Barranquilla and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Barranquilla getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Barranquilla with confidence.