Although Basel is the third largest city of Switzerland, it’s a rather underrated holiday destination. A trip to Basel will reveal to you what a quintessential medieval Swiss town looks like. The Old Town is one of the most visited attractions! Located in the Rhine Valley, Basel is Switzerland’s version of a river side town. For all those who can’t brace the winter of the Alps, travel to Basel where the winter isn’t so cold, and white. Experience top things to do in Basel and make them your everlasting life memories.
Plan a Basel trip for an off-beat Swiss holiday. The cherry on the icing for a tour of Basel is that the city shares its borders with France and Germany, in case you wanted to extend your vacation, beyond borders!
Basel Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Basel tips for your visit
- By and large, Basel is one of the safest cities you’ll ever visit. In case you ever feel nervous or threatened, go to the nearest pub or restaurant and dial 117, the emergency number.
- Avoid committing any traffic violations, the Swiss police could even fine you for jaywalking.
- Pick-pocketing is common especially in the tourist zones. Keep an eye on your belongings and don’t leave them unattended.
- Don’t be alarmed if you see people drinking in the day in public- it’s allowed! However, be weary of drunken groups of people at night.
- Be careful of trams while crossing the road. They have a tendency to sneak up on you if you’re not used to trams.