- Address: AltstadtGrossbasel, Basel, Switzerland
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +41-0612678654
- Ticket Price: 5 CHF
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site
The Rathaus or City Hall, dominated the Market Plaza with its red facade. Built in the 1501, the City Hall was built to symbolize the city inclusion in to the Swiss Confederate. The centre of City Hall is dedicated to a huge clock with prominent figures of the Lady Justice and Emperor Henry II. There are guided tours on Saturday for anyone who might be interested in knowing the historical significance of the Rathaus.
- The entry fee is only levied on Saturdays’ guided tour.
- The guided tours take place on Saturday at 03:30 and 04:30 pm.
- Basel, Marktplatz (bus/tram station)
- Cafe ConfiserieSchiesser
- Brasserie BaselstabMovenpick
- Trattoria aroma
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Basel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Basel and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.7% of people who visit Basel include Rathaus in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
80.17% of people start their Rathaus visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Rathaus
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rathaus