Independence SquareCurrently Open
- Address: Basseterre, St Kitts & Nevis, Saint Kitts And Nevis Map
- Timings: 12:01 am - 12:00 am Details
- Phone: +1-2568353171
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids
Originally called Pall Mall Square, the Independence Square was the administrative, commercial and social centre of Basseterre. It has a dark history of being a Slave market in the 1700s where slave auctions and council meetings took place. However, now there is no trace of its ancient history, and all you will see here is a large fountain surrounded by British Colonial Architecture. The perimeter is bordered by old stone buildings and magnificent wooded structures painted in white and pastels. The Georgian House on the south side of the square is now a gourmet restaurant. Promenades, parades, carnivals, parties and other events are organized here apart from family outings and gatherings.
More about Basseterre
Create a flawless plan, make use of Basseterre trip planner.
Hotels like Fern Tree Bed And Breakfast, Blue Bay Villas and St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino will solve your problem of where to stay in Basseterre.
There are plenty of ready-to-book Basseterre vacation packages available that will cover the major attractions, accommodation concerns including the prime one like how to reach Basseterre.
How to Reach Independence Square
- Ferries to stop –Ferry Terminal (Basseterre)
- Buses to stop –Bus Terminal (Basseterre)
- Independence Square Address: Basseterre, St Kitts & Nevis, Saint Kitts And Nevis
- Independence Square Contact Number: +1-2568353171
- Independence Square Timing: 12:01 am - 12:00 am
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!