Jane Austen Centre10694 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 40 Gay St, Bath BA1 2NT, United Kingdom, BA1 2NT
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1225443000
- Fax: +44-01225443018
- Ticket Price: 8 GBP
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Shop, Social, Arts, Museums
Bath is the Mecca for Jane Austen fanatics. The museum here outlines the life that this deeply insightful author had in the city, and the great impact that living here had on her novels.
The staff is fantastic and are every bit the Jane Austen lover that you are. You get to try out some period costumes so keep the cameras handy. Make sure you stay back for afternoon tea or a “Sparkling Tea with Mr. Darcy”. Yes, this is a teahouse and the experience just isn’t complete without a crumpet and a cuppa.
Jane Austen Centre Hours
- Varies according to season.
- November to April : Sunday – Friday last entry to Centre & Tearoom 3:30 pm.
- Saturdays Last entry to Centre & Tearoom at 4:30 pm.
How to Reach Jane Austen Centre
- Buses on Queen’s Square
- The Pig & Fiddle
- The Chequers
- The Circus Cafe and Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bath before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bath and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bath include Jane Austen Centre in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
48.7% of people start their Jane Austen Centre visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Jane Austen Centre
94.73% of people prefer walking in order to reach Jane Austen Centre