Hunte's GardenCurrently Closed
- Address: Highway 3A, Coffee Gully, Barbados, Bathsheba
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2464333333
- Ticket Price: 30 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Leisure, Family And Kids
Hunte's Garden - Review
A private garden owned by Anthony Hunte (legendary horticulturist), the Hunte’s Garden is located around 6 kilometres from Bathsheba. Don’t be thrown off by the fact that it is a private garden. It is huge enough, dense enough and intimidating enough to be lost in! And it is definitely worth a visit! Many visitors find a trip to the garden to be a spiritual and calming one.
Hunte's Garden Information
- Anthony is very friendly and he might even share a glass or two of fresh juice or rum punch with you! Along with his knowledge of the plants ofcourse.
Hunte's Garden Ticket Prices
- Entry is either Barbados $30 or US $15.
How To reach Hunte's Garden by Public Transport
- Hiring a taxi or renting a car is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bathsheba before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bathsheba and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hunte's Garden
95% of people who visit Bathsheba include Hunte's Garden in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
74.69% of people start their Hunte's Garden visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hunte's Garden
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hunte's Garden
Hunte's Garden Map
Hunte's Garden Trips
1 View13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Bridgetown, Westmoreland, Cave Hill, Porters from ManilaBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Bridgetown, Porters, Westmoreland, Cave Hill
Hunte's Garden, Bathsheba Reviews
Hunte's Gardens is one of the highlights of our trip to Barbados 🇧🇧! It is absolutely gorgeous, magnificent and inspiring! It is not only the abundance of tropical species which make the gardens so unique but it is the garden design and the way the beauty of all these plants has been presented and enhanced. There are plenty of sheltered areas where you can sit and enjoy all the beauty that surrounds you. You can spot wildlife as well - humming birds, birdies and endemic lizards 🦎 which obviously adore to pose for photos. You can enjoy a cold drink in the cafe (wonderful interior design) and have a chat with the owner of this most magnificent place. There is one thing that I'd like to suggest. It will be a good idea if seats or benches were placed at the entrance /exit of the gardens. We had to wait for our taxi and there wasn't where to sit. At the same time inside the gardens there are so many chairs and benches of various designs. This is just a little tip.
I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven in this beautiful garden. I love drawing and watercolour painting and I could have stayed there from dawn to dusk as there was so much to see and such inspiration in the imaginative planting of Barbados's beautiful flowers and foliage plants and huge palm trees. To make it even more relaxing classical music was played at just the right sound level to make you feel totally relaxed. Could be a bit difficult getting around if you get puffed out easily as there are a lot of ups and downs and the paths are narrow. However there are little resting places dotted around to sit and enjoy the sights and sounds. I loved it and if I'm lucky enough to be able to go there again I will stay all day or even a few more days.
Beautiful gardens! After the wonderful stroll, the very friendly owner, Anthony has a small "cafe" where I had some of the best carrot cake and rum I've had. Anthony makes sure to talk to everyone who stops by the cafe/gift shop, very welcoming and kind. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting or living in Barbados.
Truly magical. If you love tropical plants you will never want to leave. Cash only entrance fee, 30Bd$, well worth it
Heaven on earth! Plan to spend several hours here soaking up the peaceful atmosphere. Tip: Pack a picnic, have some delicious Rum punch and don't forget to charge your camera batteries and clear off the memory card!
All QuestionsHunte's garden
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal