St. John's ChurchCurrently Open [Closes at 11:00 am]
- Address: Hackleton's Cliff, St. John Parish, Barbados, Bathsheba
- Timings: 08:00 am - 11:00 am Details
- Phone: +1-2464335599
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Built in the year 1831, this classic and surreal Gothic church was constructed to replace a previous structure which had been destroyed by a hurricane. Some facts about the church:
- The churchyard contains the body of Ferdinand Paleologus, believed to be a descendant of Constantine.
- Late Prime Minister of Barbados, Hon. David John Howard Thompson was also laid to rest at this site.
- The church premises house a beautiful Westmascott statue.
- The church offers spectacular views of the East Coast.
St. John's Church Travel Tips
- Call up the church to inform you are visiting.
Entrance Ticket Details For St. John's Church
- Entrance fees in the form of donations are accepted.
How to Reach St. John's Church
- Hiring a taxi or renting a car/ bicycle is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bathsheba before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bathsheba and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bathsheba include St. John's Church in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
90.19% of people start their St. John's Church visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. John's Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. John's Church
St. John's Church Reviews & Ratings
A parish church depicting English colonial architecture. Very well preserved; maintained as a tourist attraction site in Barbados. Very scenic views from all angles - the sea & beautiful coastline & also the little village and the calm rolling hills. Talk about 360° views! And oh, the trees on the well-landscaped grounds; so peaceful and relaxing . One would be tempted to forget that there's a cemetery located here 😂. Former estate owners, Governors & Prime Ministers are buried here; their tombs are elaborate & magnificent!
Good location for relaxation and quiet time. Ambiance is picture perfect and it is surrounded by many scenic views. There are several historical objects/artifacts inside and outside the church. Several people; locals and tourists visit this historical church. A small tuck shop is on location and provides light refreshments and souvenirs for sale.💞 It's a great place to visit 😇💓.
I like churches, this church has history and its location is fantastic. From the church you can see the town and beach below. Very scenic both inside and outside
Fabulous church and fascinating!! Just sit on a pew and imagine the history! Gorgeous grounds too!
Amazingly beautiful island view from the cemetery. The church is a well preserved historical piece of architecture