St. John's ChurchCurrently Closed
- Address: Hackleton's Cliff, St. John Parish, Barbados, Bathsheba
- Timings: 08:00 am - 11:00 am Details
- Phone: +1-2464335599
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Built in the year 1831, this classic and surreal Gothic church was constructed to replace a previous structure which had been destroyed by a hurricane. Some facts about the church:
- The churchyard contains the body of Ferdinand Paleologus, believed to be a descendant of Constantine.
- Late Prime Minister of Barbados, Hon. David John Howard Thompson was also laid to rest at this site.
- The church premises house a beautiful Westmascott statue.
- The church offers spectacular views of the East Coast.
- Call up the church to inform you are visiting.
- Entrance fees in the form of donations are accepted.
- Hiring a taxi or renting a car/ bicycle is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bathsheba before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bathsheba and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bathsheba include St. John's Church in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
90.19% of people start their St. John's Church visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. John's Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. John's Church
If you ever visit Barbados please visit this beautiful church. Breathtaking views. A special beautiful peaceful place x
Fantastic old church steeped in history.the cemetery walk is so full of history. The picturesque views from the top of the hill overbooking the ocan are amazing. Definitely worth visiting here.this church is usually included in many of the local tours.
A historic church from the 17th century. Located on a hill with a beautiful view of the ocean and the eastern part of Saint John. Next to the church there is a small souvenir shop, where you can also have a coffee and a nice talk with the owner. A must-see point on the Barbados.
An historic church..its a must see when you are here..very nice❤
Just a very beautiful church set on a gorgeous piece of land overlooking the coast. Very worthwhile spending the time to visit, so much history to explore.