St. John's ChurchCurrently Closed
- Address: Hackleton's Cliff, St. John Parish, Barbados, Bathsheba
- Timings: 08:00 am - 11:00 am Details
- Phone: +1-2464335599
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
St. John's Church - Review
Built in the year 1831, this classic and surreal Gothic church was constructed to replace a previous structure which had been destroyed by a hurricane. Some facts about the church:
- The churchyard contains the body of Ferdinand Paleologus, believed to be a descendant of Constantine.
- Late Prime Minister of Barbados, Hon. David John Howard Thompson was also laid to rest at this site.
- The church premises house a beautiful Westmascott statue.
- The church offers spectacular views of the East Coast.
St. John's Church Information
- Call up the church to inform you are visiting.
St. John's Church Ticket Prices
- Entrance fees in the form of donations are accepted.
How To reach St. John's Church by Public Transport
- Hiring a taxi or renting a car/ bicycle is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bathsheba before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bathsheba and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting St. John's Church
95% of people who visit Bathsheba include St. John's Church in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
91.39% of people start their St. John's Church visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. John's Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. John's Church
St. John's Church Map
St. John's Church Trips
St. John's Church, Bathsheba Reviews
Definitely worth a visit to this lovely old church with a beautifully carved pulpit and large organ. I would have liked to visit on a Sunday as there was a feeling of life, vibrancy and community there. A walk around the surrounding cemetery with beautiful views of the sea.....what a wonderful was to say goodbye to the world and meet your maker. The dates on the gravestones were very early which surprised me and I wished I'd taken the time to write them down and do a bit of research on who is buried there. Perhaps next time. A lovely bit of history which made me think how old the island is.
This is a historical landmark church. Check out the interior, and work around outside the church as wel. It offers very nice views of the coast. There are a lot of interesting characters in the graveyard, along with a very cool sundial. Totally worth a visit.
Its a great place, nice view of the east coast and also a beautiful church
Nice scenery, peaceful and quiet with a souvenir shop. Beautiful grounds
Great location that overlooks the ocean.