St. John's Church, Bathsheba
About St. John's Church, Bathsheba
St. John's Church, Bathsheba - Address, Phone Number
Address: Hackleton's Cliff, St. John Parish, Barbados
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 08:00 am - 11:00 am Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in the year 1831, this classic and surreal Gothic church was constructed to replace a previous structure which had been destroyed by a hurricane. Some facts about the church:
- The churchyard contains the body of Ferdinand Paleologus, believed to be a descendant of Constantine.
- Late Prime Minister of Barbados, Hon. David John Howard Thompson was also laid to rest at this site.
- The church premises house a beautiful Westmascott statue.
- The church offers spectacular views of the East Coast.
St. John's Church Information
- Call up the church to inform you are visiting.
St. John's Church Ticket Prices
- Entrance fees in the form of donations are accepted.
How To reach St. John's Church by Public Transport
- Hiring a taxi or renting a car/ bicycle is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bathsheba before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bathsheba and book an accommodation of your choice.
St. John's Church, Bathsheba Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful old Gothic style church with a very interesting cemetery in the back.
A nice quiet Anglican church, with a historical burial ground
A historic church building with cemetery and gardens. Peaceful ambiance. Magnificent views.
A beautiful place... it is surprised just to think that a man from the last imperial dynasty of the Byzantine empire died here (Φερφιναδιος Παλαιολογος) this historic places make the New World show more charm.....
Beautiful church, worth a visit to see it's interior, exterior and tombs.