Uss Kidd83 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 305, 6220, S River Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70802, United States Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2253421942
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Contrary to its name, USS Kidd is actually an old ship used by USA Navy during the WWII. The ship was one of the firsts of that time and was named after Rear Admirall Saac C. Kidd, a martyr of the Pearl Harbour attack. Once the country’s pride, this ship now stands as a historical landmark for the tourists and travelers. As a museum, you will find hundreds of aircraft and ship models along with numerous replicated gun deck of old Ironsides exhibited for the public to see. The display also includes detailed info on the various events and prominent figures who were a part of the incident at that time. Ensure to visit the Louisiana Memorial Plaza which beholds the eternal flame as a memorial to all Louisiana service members lost in combat. A great place to learn about the history of the country and wars that were fought on its soil. A few hours spent here is definitely a worthy investment!
How to Reach Uss Kidd
- Bus Station- Belle of BR Casino & Hotel- E
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Baton Rouge before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Baton Rouge and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Uss Kidd Address: 305, 6220, S River Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70802, United States
- Uss Kidd Contact Number: +1-2253421942
- Uss Kidd Timing: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit Uss Kidd(preferred time): 10:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Uss Kidd: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!