Glendalough State Park
About Glendalough State Park, Battle Lake
Glendalough State Park is a state park of Minnesota, USA, in Otter Tail County near Battle Lake close to Minnesota State Highway 78. It is named after Glendalough in Ireland. The park was once used as a resort and game farm by the owners of Cowles Media Company, owner of what is today the Star Tribune newspaper. The park contains 1,931 acres (7.81 km2) on land and 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) on the water. Cowles Media Company transferred title to Glendalough to the Nature Conservancy in 1990, and the Nature Conservancy transferred title to the State of Minnesota in 1992. Glendalough was officially declared a state park with a celebration on Earth Day, April 22, 1992.Wikipedia
Overview of Glendalough State Park
As you traverse the city of Battle Lake, you'll stumble upon Glendalough State Park. Missed by most of the visitors, Glendalough State Park is unique in its own way.
More about Battle Lake
Create a flawless plan, make use of Battle Lake trip planner.
Share your experience - Rate Glendalough State Park, Battle Lake
Beautiful park. Lots of hiking, biking, swimming and other outdoor activities. The beaches are white sand with little or no weeds. Friendly park staff.
Great walking and biking trails. Very well maintained park. Good swimming beach for kids.
Beautiful pristine lake with sandy beach, paved bike trails and lovely lodge. Quiet lakeside camping
Absolutely gorgeous views, excellent hiking, and fishing. Very well taken care of and offers firewood sales, bathrooms, showers and a variety of sites from cart-in to canoe-in. Can't wait to go back.
Nice 5.5 mile bike loop around the park. Also enjoyed canoeing through the park and swimming.
- Other Attractions
- Rio Grande Scenic Railroad
- Great Sand Dunes Lodge
- Great Sand Dune Oasis
- San Luis Valley Regional Airport
- San Luis Valley Brewing Company
- San Luis Valley Church Of Christ
- Calvary Bible Chapel
- Christian Science Society
- San Luis Valley Baptist Church
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Rio Grande Scenic Railroad
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Great Sand Dunes Lodge
- Budget Hotels Near Great Sand Dune Oasis
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near San Luis Valley Regional Airport
- Cheap Hotels Near San Luis Valley Brewing Company
- 5 Star Hotels Near San Luis Valley Church Of Christ
- Cheap Hotels Near Calvary Bible Chapel
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Christian Science Society
- Luxury Hotels Near San Luis Valley Baptist Church
- Budget Hotels Near Trinity Lutheran Church
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Saint Cloud, St Paul, Saint Paul, Apple Valley, Forest Lake, Battle Lake
- 1 Day Trip to battle lake
- 8 Day Trip to Battle Lake from Wayne
- Trip to Santa Fe, Battle Lake
- 64 Day Trip to United States from Collingswood