The second largest city of Georgia, Batumi is laced by the Black Sea at Georgia’s southwest. Come summer and this is where many people resort to, for the ultimate Georgia beach escapade. Recognizing its potential as the next big thing, many investors from across she world are drawn to Batumi. This has given a rise to a flourishing hospitality scene that makes accommodations here a sought-after scene altogether. From beachside camping to fancy resorts, Batumi has something for all budgets.
A booming nightlife is another output of the progressing tourism here. This promises you great a great culinary experience along with some spectacular drinking scenes. And to make it only better, are the casinos. Yes, you read that right, several casinos are slowly mushrooming through the city, taking the entertainment and leisure scenes to another level.
With a plethora of activities to do and places to see, Batumi offers vivid opportunities for everyone alike. Hiking trails, quaint boulevards to the royal Georgian botanical gardens, and hidden squares, there are several places that will quench your thirst for tranquillity amidst all the frenzy of a plethora of attractions along with events and festivals. The churches, mosques and synagogues give delightful insights into Batumi’s culture.
A long list of festivals and events encompassing art, media, culinary, sports and literature make Batumi a diversely beautiful city to be in.
Essential travel information and Batumi tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Georgian Time; UTC+4
- Currency: The Georgian Lari
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 220 V/ 50 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: Georgian is the official language of Batumi, albeit English, Russian, and Turkish, being commonly spoken.
- Security: Dial 112 for general emergency.
- Off-beaten Path: If any (non-touristy things to do in city)
- Tipping: Service charges of 10-15% are usually included in the bill, however, additional tip is welcomed.
- Female travellers who travel alone might consider travelling first class for night train journeys.
Batumi Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Batumi. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Batumi trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Batumi
Save 4%4-Day Private Tour to Kutaisi Sights and Vardzia Caves from BatumiNew on TripHobo
Tbilisi Walking TourNew on TripHobo
Save 5%6 day mixed tour in western Georgia linked with Jazz FestNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Fabulous AdjaraNew on TripHobo
Save 4%4-day Private Tour to Svaneti Highlands from BatumiNew on TripHobo