Alpspix47 Votes Currently Open
- Address: AlpspiX , 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, 82475
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +49-88217970
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Observation Deck, Nature, Landmarks, Natural
Built as an offset to the cliff of Alpsspitz, the Aussichtsplattform AlpspiX consists of two steel walkways that cross each other in an ‘X’ formation. The place was built as an observation deck and is 24 meters long. Reach the end and you are welcomed with a stunning view of the Zugspitze, Waxensteine and Alpspitz mountains along with a surreal view of the Hollental Valley that is a 1000-meter vertical drop from the deck. The floor of the pathway is transparent and so is the end of the walkway- giving you an immersive view of the valley and the mountains that surround it!
The viewing platform is usually a part of the summit adventure trail that takes you through the mountain range to end here but if you are running short of time, a cable car ride offers a direct ride to the summit with fantastic panoramic views of the terrain that entertain you throughout the ride!
Alpspix Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Wear warm clothes and shoes that have good grip.
Entrance Ticket Details For Alpspix
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
How to Reach Alpspix
- Cable Car: Alpspitzbahn Bergstation
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Garmisch-partenkirchen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Garmisch-partenkirchen and book an accommodation of your choice.