British War Cemetery479 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1945 Boulevard Fabian Ware, 14400 Bayeux, France
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Memorial, Monument, War Memorial, Cemetery, Tomb
About 50,000 soldiers that lost their lives during the Second World War lay peacefully at the British war cemetery in Bayeux. The cemetery is well maintained with the simple crosses replace by replaced by stone headstones with personalized inscriptions. The memorial is also popular for inscriptions that read:
- "We saved the fatherland from William defeated Victor."
- “We, once conquered by William, have now set free the Conqueror’s native land.”
Close to the cemetery is a memorial museum which is a recommended visit as well.
British War Cemetery Travel Tips
- The cemetery is open 365 days of the year.
- Visit the cemetery only during the day.
- The museum is closed during lunch time.
How to Reach British War Cemetery
- Train: Bayeux Train Station.
- Au Ptit Bistrot
- Le Nonan'T
- La Rapiere
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bayeux before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bayeux and book an accommodation of your choice.
81.46% of people who visit Bayeux include British War Cemetery in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
42.86% of people start their British War Cemetery visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see British War Cemetery
92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting British War Cemetery