Sword BeachCurrently Open
- Address: Ouistreham | Calvados, Bassa Normandia, 14150, France, Bayeux
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Educational Site, Historical Site, Memorial, War Memorial, Leisure
Along the Normandy coast lies a vast stretch called the Sword beach. With relevance to the Second World War, the beach exhibits battle sites attracting a lot of tourists every year. To visit this beach you can definitely choose from a couple of informative tours as well. Once you visit the beach you are bound to realize what you were missing out on and therefore the Sword beach is a much recommended historic attraction.
Sword Beach Travel Tips
- Avoid visiting the beach during high tide.
- Group tours and walking tours are available to the beach.
How to Reach Sword Beach
- Train: Bayeux Train Station.
- La Taverne restaurant
- La Fabrique
- Hotel de la Mer
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bayeux before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bayeux and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.31% of people who visit Bayeux include Sword Beach in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
43.75% of people start their Sword Beach visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Sword Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sword Beach