How to Reach Beaune
- By Air: The closest airport is the Dijon Air Base which is a 40 minute drive from the city. The Lyon-Saint Exupery Airport is also about 1.5 hour drive away.
- By Train: You can take the high speed TGV from Paris-Lyon to Dijon and then connect to a local train. This journey will take you around 2.5 hours. You can also reach Beaune using the direct link from Paris-Bercy by Regional Express train and the journey will take you 3.5 hours.
- By Car: Beaune is easily accessed through motorways A6, A31, and A36 from Paris and you can reach the city in about 2.5 hours. You can also reach the city from Lyon using the A6 in about an hour or more.
- On Foot: The best way to experience the splendour of Beaune is on foot, especially if you visit the old part of town.
- By Bicycle: There are some bike rental places around the town from where you rent bikes, helmets, baby seats and other paraphernalia and even get some tips on how to cycle around town and the places you can visit on a bike.
- By Car: If you plan on visiting the surrounding wine towns in the wine towns in the Cote-d'Or, then you will have to rent a car.
- By Bus: Beaune has certain bus routes to make your travels easy. Lines 21, 22, 23, 24, 26 all run during school term time. During holidays line 21, 24, 25 run.