This is one of the popular and very well known tourist destinations of Beijing. Originally an art museum, famous for exclusive collection of ancient porcelain, bronze, calligraphy, painting, jade, sculpture, Buddhist statues from imperial China and unique architecture – the museum is worthy enough to visit for the visitors. If you are in Beijing, considering not visiting this museum would definitely be a big miss! Plenty of artistic elements are there, exhibited nicely to allure the visitors. It is just a few minutes away from the nearest metro station and thus, reaching this place would not be a great deal of challenge for any visitor. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Beijing itinerary 2 days.
- Visitors need to book tickets in advance.
- Admission by ticket only.
- Last admission should be one hour before closing.
- No smoking inside the museum.
- Please accept the security check and obey the relevant provisions of the Museum and follow the instruction of the working staff.
- People having difficulty in moving about or with potential disease should be accompanied by others.
- Don’t forget to see the exhibition halls.
- Take care of your belongings.
- Those who are not properly dressed, inebriated or suffering from mental disorders shall not enter the Museum.
- No drinks, food or the utensils, animals, combustible and explosive goods, dangerous articles, controlled instruments and other dangerous articles shall be taken into the museum.
- Video recording and flash photography are forbidden.
- Tripods are not allowed in exhibition halls.
- Please don’t touch the exhibits.
- Do not climb or lie down.
- Please observe public order.
- Shoes having wheel such as roller-skates and Heels are prohibited inside the museum.
- Please speak quietly and avoid running, playing and using mobile phones in the exhibition halls.
- Muxidi Station.
- Senses : Asian Cuisine
- Village Cafe : French Toast and Coffee
- The Aman Grill : Steaks & Chops
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Beijing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beijing and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.97% of people who visit Beijing include Capital Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
50% of people start their Capital Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Capital Museum
92.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Capital Museum