Forbidden City6060 Votes Currently Open
If you are visiting in Beijing, then mark this as one of your top places. The Forbidden City, officially known as The Imperial Palace Museum is popular for its amazing architectural values, as well as religious and historic significances. The city is listed by UNESCO as the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world. Situated at the heart of the city, it is well connected with rest of the city. A short walk from the nearby metro would be good enough to visit this place. On the other hand, you can hire local cab or buses too for visiting this place. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Beijing itinerary 2 days.
Forbidden City Travel Tips
- Last admission should be half an hour before closing Ticket counter is closed at 4:00 PM.
- Don’t forget to see the art collection.
- Visitors are allowed to take a guide with them.
- Good place for photography.
- Carry a proof of your identity.
- All age groups can enjoy here.
- Lot of things to see so spend few hours here.
- Don’t visit the Forbidden city in heels.
- You can also contact on 010-85007421.
Entrance Ticket Details For Forbidden City
- RMB 40-60.
How to Reach Forbidden City
- Qianmen Station
- Miss Zhao’s Bistro : Steak & Raw Papaya Salad
- Xianlaoman Restaurant : Dumplings
- Golden Elephant : Asian Cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Beijing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beijing and book an accommodation of your choice.
94.35% of people who visit Beijing include Forbidden City in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
85.27% of people start their Forbidden City visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Forbidden City
92.36% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Forbidden City
Forbidden City Reviews & Ratings
What can I expect to pay for a personal English speaking guide in the Forbidden City?Answer Report Abuse