Forbidden CityCurrently Closed
- Address: No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009, China
- Timings: 08:30 am - 03:30 pm Details
- Phone: 010-85007422
- Ticket Price: 40 CNY
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Museum, History Museum, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Forbidden City, Beijing
If you are visiting in Beijing, then mark this as one of your top places. The Forbidden City, officially known as The Imperial Palace Museum is popular for its amazing architectural values, as well as religious and historic significances. The city is listed by UNESCO as the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world. Situated at the heart of the city, it is well connected with rest of the city. A short walk from the nearby metro would be good enough to visit this place. On the other hand, you can hire local cab or buses too for visiting this place. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Beijing itinerary 2 days.
Forbidden City Information
- Last admission should be half an hour before closing Ticket counter is closed at 4:00 PM.
- Don’t forget to see the art collection.
- Visitors are allowed to take a guide with them.
- Good place for photography.
- Carry a proof of your identity.
- All age groups can enjoy here.
- Lot of things to see so spend few hours here.
- Don’t visit the Forbidden city in heels.
- You can also contact on 010-85007421.
Forbidden City Ticket Prices
- RMB 40-60.
How To reach Forbidden City by Public Transport
- Qianmen Station
Restaurants Near Forbidden City
- Miss Zhao’s Bistro : Steak & Raw Papaya Salad
- Xianlaoman Restaurant : Dumplings
- Golden Elephant : Asian Cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Beijing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beijing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Forbidden City
95% of people who visit Beijing include Forbidden City in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
78.1% of people start their Forbidden City visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Forbidden City
92.47% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Forbidden City
Forbidden City Sightseeing Tours
Forbidden City Food & Nightlife Tours
Forbidden City Culture & Theme Based Tours
Forbidden City Luxury & Special Occasions Tours
Forbidden City Holiday & Seasonal Tours
Forbidden City Cruises
Forbidden City Aerial Tours
Forbidden City Outdoor & Nature Tours
Forbidden City Tickets & Passes
Forbidden City Map
Forbidden City Trips
Forbidden City, Beijing Reviews
A historical place. Must go when you visit China. Easy access from main road. There is a subway in front of palace. Visit China? You must see this great palace. Although there so much room closed, overall you can get nice picture here
It was extraordinary and something beyond imagination. Never thought it would be this big. I just wondered where the other exit were except the last one that was on the other side of the whole palace. I were there while on a layover in Beijing for 12 hours; definitely worth it! I also came in early January, maybe it's better to visit in the spring or summer (it was really cold)
The Forbidden City deserves to be a better experience. While you can walk through the squares past the buildings there's little of interest you can get close to which doesn't allow you to get a real sense of the place. It's a shame as it has the potential to be better in my opinion.
First of all there is no good food there so therefore better prepare your own food!! It’s a very touristy place and there is a lot of people most of the time but it’s really huge so there will always be some corners here and there that you will not meet anyone. Personally I like nature and therefore I do not find anything interesting in this forbidden palace because it looks the same to me everywhere. For someone who is into architecture and history, it is probably a good place to spend some time. You don’t get to go inside the rooms and the palace though.
Must-go place to visit in Beijing, China. Great place to explore the spectacular architecture and know about China history, Ming and Qing Dynasties. Better go in the early morning to avoid large crowd from the travel agencies’. The entrance fee varies between seasons, ¥60 from April to October, ¥40 from November to March. And they have audio guide device to rent at the entrance, make sure you have cash as they do not accept other payments.
All QuestionsForbidden city
- Chang'an Avenue
- Zhong Guo Guo Jia Bo Wu Guan
- China National Museum
- National Centre For The Performing Art
- National Center For The Performing Arts As Featured In Nightlife In The 798 Arts District
- Mausoleum Of Mao Zedong
- The Malls At Oriental Plaza
- China Railway Museum
- Red Capital Club
- Xiu Shui Jie
- Grandma's Kitchen
- Second Guildfield Baptist Church
- Humble Family Worship Center
- Modern Alberta Arts Studio
- Pine Grove Church
- Bible Holiness Church
- Saint Germain Foundation
- Westwood Park
- Bevill Vincen Rev
- Streaming Hope LA
- Williams Temple Cogic Church
- Camp Laurel South
- Restoration Outreach Ministries
- Doris Bardon Community Cltrl
- Liberty Worship Center
- Open Door Full Gospel Church