Forbidden City, Beijing
Forbidden City - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009, China
Ticket Price: 40 CNY
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 03:30 pm Details
Added 46.1K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Religious Site, Museum, History Museum, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Plan to the T, check out holiday itinerary creator app by TripHobo
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Need more info?
About Forbidden City, Beijing
If you are visiting in Beijing, then mark this as one of your top places. The Forbidden City, officially known as The Imperial Palace Museum is popular for its amazing architectural values, as well as religious and historic significances. The city is listed by UNESCO as the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world. Situated at the heart of the city, it is well connected with rest of the city. A short walk from the nearby metro would be good enough to visit this place. On the other hand, you can hire local cab or buses too for visiting this place. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Beijing itinerary 2 days.
Forbidden City Information
- Last admission should be half an hour before closing Ticket counter is closed at 4:00 PM.
- Don’t forget to see the art collection.
- Visitors are allowed to take a guide with them.
- Good place for photography.
- Carry a proof of your identity.
- All age groups can enjoy here.
- Lot of things to see so spend few hours here.
- Don’t visit the Forbidden city in heels.
- You can also contact on 010-85007421.
Forbidden City Ticket Prices
- RMB 40-60.
How To reach Forbidden City by Public Transport
- Qianmen Station
Restaurants Near Forbidden City
- Miss Zhao’s Bistro : Steak & Raw Papaya Salad
- Xianlaoman Restaurant : Dumplings
- Golden Elephant : Asian Cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Beijing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beijing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Forbidden City Food & Nightlife Tours
Forbidden City Culture & Theme Based Tours
Forbidden City Sightseeing Tours
Forbidden City Aerial Tours
Forbidden City Holiday & Seasonal Tours
Forbidden City Cruises
Forbidden City Outdoor & Nature Tours
Forbidden City Luxury & Special Occasions Tours
Forbidden City Tickets & Passes
Forbidden City, Beijing Reviews
Be prepared to do a bit a waiting through checks and everything to get in. For a ticket your best bet would be to arrange with your hotel to prebook one online and than you only have to show your passport to get in at the final check. Sounds weird but it works! Inside it's huge area, where you can walk around for a good 2-3 hours. Definitely worth it though.
Beware of scams related to tea , drinks, massage or tourist guides. Any one approaches you anywhere offering a chat or any service even a hang out , just avoid. You will be scammed, robbed, beaten or kidnapped. These are the organised criminal rings and work with local police. Just say no even they look innocent, school kids, dressed up corporate or tourist. FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE. SEE MY SHANGHAI REVIEW. IT HAS HAPPENED IN BEIJING AS WELL.
Huge palace complex , architecture is very beautiful. Apart from the palace buildings, they have restored huge wrought iron tanks which were traditionally used for fire fighting. It would take 2-3 hrs minimum to cover the palace . Best and quick way to reach palace is by using the subway.
1. Bad. Each section (north, center, south etc) of the palace costs money. Not much money but still annoying. 2. Neutral. Museum is basically tribute to communist party. Has history of the party. 3. Good. Easily accessible via subway, taxi and bus. I didn't personally enjoy it. But chunks of the buildings are new but made to look old. I didn't sense the history of the palace.
Absolutely outstanding. Obviously a can't-miss for anyone visiting Beijing. I would suggest seeing it on your own or with a private tour as the size and scale of the Forbidden City is incredible and you're not going to want to be rushed through by a large tour group. The main palaces are all stunning and full of history, but make sure to see the Eastern and Western palaces as well as many have been converted into smaller exhibits with priceless artifacts and really cool history.
All Questionsforbidden city
- Attractions near Forbidden City
- Chang'an Avenue
- Zhong Guo Guo Jia Bo Wu Guan
- China National Museum
- National Centre For The Performing Art
- National Center For The Performing Arts As Featured In Nightlife In The 798 Arts District
- Mausoleum Of Mao Zedong
- Molly Malone's
- China Railway Museum
- Altar Of The Earth
- Beijing Bell And Drum Towers