How to Reach Beijing
The Easiest Way to Reach Beijing
HOW TO GET TO BEIJING
The Beijing international airport is very well connected to major cities all over the world. The city is also connected well other cities in China with multiple options like flights, trains and buses.
HOW TO GET AROUND BEIJING
- Subway: The best way to beat Beijing’s traffic and reach your destination on time is by taking the subway which has some 10 functional lines while more are being constructed. Map out your attractions and then match it with the nearest subway station and you’re good to go.
- Buses: Local buses too run to and from every area of the city, but can be a little confusing if you’re not familiar with Chinese or Mandarin.
- Minibus: If you’re venturing into the countryside or the suburbs, the minibus is your best bet. They are privately operated buses that charge around ¥10.
- Taxi: The taxi service is a convenient alternative but sometimes turn out to be a tad bit more expensive than the other modes of transportation. They also might show some reluctance to take you to your destination if they’re going the other way or if there’s too much traffic. Don’t voice your displeasure in the event of such a problem. It might take some time but you will find a taxi, or you could always commute another way. Be sure to pay only by the meter unless you’ve already decided on a price before sitting in the taxi.
- Bicycle: Beijing was once famous for the density of bicycles on the streets.Today, with the increase in pollution and population, the government is promoting cycling on the streets of China. Hence, this could be a fun way to explore the city provided you follow all the rules.
Modes of Transportation in Beijing
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Beijing. The most preferred mode of transport in Beijing is Car.
Average distance: 18.99 km Average time: 49.63 min
Car 39.39%Driving 51.15 min Walking 3.85 min Overall average time for 28.54 kms 55 min
Walking 15.15%Walking 23 min Train 8.2 min Bike 5.2 min Waiting 2.4 min Overall average time for 7.92 kms 38.8 min
Motorbike 6.06%Motorbike 40 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 18 kms 42 min
Train/Metro 18.18%Train 36.67 min Walking 14.67 min Waiting 7.33 min Other 3 min Tram 2.5 min Bus 1.67 min Overall average time for 19.67 kms 65.83 min
Bus/Trolleybus 12.12%Bus 18.75 min Walking 10.5 min Waiting 5.75 min Overall average time for 6.75 kms 35 min
Bike 6.06%Bike 30 min Overall average time for 8 kms 30 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Dalian
- How To Reach Harbin
- How To Reach Zhengzhou
- How To Reach Changsha
- How To Reach Guilin
- How To Reach Foshan
- How To Reach Urumqi
- How To Reach Zhangjiajie
- How To Reach Wuhan
- How To Reach Sanya
- Cities Near Beijing
- How To Reach Shanghai
- How To Reach Shenyang
- How To Reach Xian
- How To Reach Shenzhen
- How To Reach Qingdao
- How To Reach Huangshan
- How To Reach Nanning
- How To Reach Wuxi
- How To Reach Changchun
- How To Reach Xiamen