How to Reach Beijing - The Easiest Way to Reach Beijing
HOW TO GET TO BEIJING
The Beijing international airport is very well connected to major cities all over the world. The city is also connected well other cities in China with multiple options like flights, trains and buses.
HOW TO GET AROUND BEIJING
- Subway: The best way to beat Beijing’s traffic and reach your destination on time is by taking the subway which has some 10 functional lines while more are being constructed. Map out your attractions and then match it with the nearest subway station and you’re good to go.
- Buses: Local buses too run to and from every area of the city, but can be a little confusing if you’re not familiar with Chinese or Mandarin.
- Minibus: If you’re venturing into the countryside or the suburbs, the minibus is your best bet. They are privately operated buses that charge around ¥10.
- Taxi: The taxi service is a convenient alternative but sometimes turn out to be a tad bit more expensive than the other modes of transportation. They also might show some reluctance to take you to your destination if they’re going the other way or if there’s too much traffic. Don’t voice your displeasure in the event of such a problem. It might take some time but you will find a taxi, or you could always commute another way. Be sure to pay only by the meter unless you’ve already decided on a price before sitting in the taxi.
- Bicycle: Beijing was once famous for the density of bicycles on the streets.Today, with the increase in pollution and population, the government is promoting cycling on the streets of China. Hence, this could be a fun way to explore the city provided you follow all the rules.
Are you looking for a Beijing travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Beijing
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Beijing. The most preferred mode of transport in Beijing is Car.
Average distance: 16.74 km Average time: 46.02 min
Car 34.04%Driving 49.69 min Walking 3.75 min Overall average time for 27.13 kms 53.44 min
Walking 17.02%Walking 18.75 min Train 5.13 min Bike 3.25 min Waiting 1.5 min Overall average time for 5.21 kms 28.63 min
Bike 8.51%Bike 23.75 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 5.63 kms 26.25 min
Train/Metro 21.28%Train 34.1 min Walking 13.7 min Waiting 5.8 min Bus 2.1 min Other 1.8 min Tram 1.5 min Overall average time for 18.21 kms 59 min
Bus/Trolleybus 10.64%Bus 23 min Walking 9 min Waiting 5.6 min Train 4 min Overall average time for 7.4 kms 41.6 min
Motorbike 4.26%Motorbike 40 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 18 kms 42 min
How to Reach Beijing from Nearby Cities
|Langfang to Beijing||35.67 km||35 mins|
|Tianjin to Beijing||130.7 km||2 hours 15 mins|
- How to reach Tianjin Zhejiang Chamber Of Commerce
- How to reach Tianjin
- How to reach Baoding
- How to reach Tangshan
- How to reach Xiabancheng Police Station
- How to reach Anguo
- How to reach Xinle
- How to reach Yongkang Clinics
- How to reach Xinji
- How to reach Shanghai
- How to reach Shenyang
- How to reach Xian
- How to reach Shenzhen
- How to reach Qingdao
- How to reach Huangshan