How to Reach Beijing
HOW TO GET TO BEIJING
The Beijing international airport is very well connected to major cities all over the world. The city is also connected well other cities in China with multiple options like flights, trains and buses.
HOW TO GET AROUND BEIJING
- Subway: The best way to beat Beijing’s traffic and reach your destination on time is by taking the subway which has some 10 functional lines while more are being constructed. Map out your attractions and then match it with the nearest subway station and you’re good to go.
- Buses: Local buses too run to and from every area of the city, but can be a little confusing if you’re not familiar with Chinese or Mandarin.
- Minibus: If you’re venturing into the countryside or the suburbs, the minibus is your best bet. They are privately operated buses that charge around ¥10.
- Taxi: The taxi service is a convenient alternative but sometimes turn out to be a tad bit more expensive than the other modes of transportation. They also might show some reluctance to take you to your destination if they’re going the other way or if there’s too much traffic. Don’t voice your displeasure in the event of such a problem. It might take some time but you will find a taxi, or you could always commute another way. Be sure to pay only by the meter unless you’ve already decided on a price before sitting in the taxi.
- Bicycle: Beijing was once famous for the density of bicycles on the streets.Today, with the increase in pollution and population, the government is promoting cycling on the streets of China. Hence, this could be a fun way to explore the city provided you follow all the rules.
Chinese Visa's? What is the least expensive, easiest way to secure two Visa's? Travel dates are 5/1/20 - 5/11/20 to Beijing & Shanghai. ThxAnswer Report Abuse
It is highly recommended that you contact the nearest diplomatic or consular mission of the People's Republic of China to get the correct information.Report Abuse