Lama TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 12, Yonghegong St, Dongcheng, Beijing, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: 010-64044499
- Ticket Price: 20 CNY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Yonghe Temple, also known as the "Palace of Peace and Harmony Lama Temple", the "Yonghe Lamasery", or - popularly - the "Lama Temple" is a temple and monastery of the Geluk School of Tibetan Buddhism located in the northeastern part of Beijing, China. It is one of the largest and most important.
Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in the world. The building and the artworks of the temple is a combination of Han Chinese and Tibetan styles. If you are in Beijing, do not miss this beautiful place! To experience this wonderful architecture, you need to opt for a local bus or cab or metro rail. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Beijing itinerary 2 days.
Lama Temple Travel Tips
- Avoid visiting on Sunday or Public holiday.
- Kids will love this place.
- For more fun, visit the place on the Buddha’s Birthday.
- If you visit at peak time, you may have to wait.
- Visitors are allowed to take a guide with them.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- Good place for photography.
- Bring hat and sunscreen in Summer.
- Bring plenty of drinking water.
How to Reach Lama Temple
- Yonghegong Station
- DaLi Courtyard : Chinese Food
- Nian Bar : Cocktails
- Café Zarah : French Toast & Coffee
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Beijing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beijing and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.54% of people who visit Beijing include Lama Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
35.84% of people start their Lama Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lama Temple
91.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lama Temple