Lama TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
- Address: 12, Yonghegong St, Dongcheng, Beijing, China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: 010-64044499
- Ticket Price: 20 CNY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Landmark, Family And Kids, Architecture
Lama Temple - Review
The Yonghe Temple, also known as the "Palace of Peace and Harmony Lama Temple", the "Yonghe Lamasery", or - popularly - the "Lama Temple" is a temple and monastery of the Geluk School of Tibetan Buddhism located in the northeastern part of Beijing, China. It is one of the largest and most important.
Tibetan Buddhist monasteries in the world. The building and the artworks of the temple is a combination of Han Chinese and Tibetan styles. If you are in Beijing, do not miss this beautiful place! To experience this wonderful architecture, you need to opt for a local bus or cab or metro rail. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Beijing itinerary 2 days.
Lama Temple Information
- Avoid visiting on Sunday or Public holiday.
- Kids will love this place.
- For more fun, visit the place on the Buddha’s Birthday.
- If you visit at peak time, you may have to wait.
- Visitors are allowed to take a guide with them.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- Good place for photography.
- Bring hat and sunscreen in Summer.
- Bring plenty of drinking water.
How To reach Lama Temple by Public Transport
- Yonghegong Station
Restaurants Near Lama Temple
- DaLi Courtyard : Chinese Food
- Nian Bar : Cocktails
- Café Zarah : French Toast & Coffee
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Beijing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beijing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Lama Temple
95% of people who visit Beijing include Lama Temple in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
31.01% of people start their Lama Temple visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lama Temple
91.84% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lama Temple
Lama Temple Sightseeing Tours
Lama Temple Culture & Theme Based Tours
Lama Temple Outdoor & Nature Tours
Lama Temple Food & Nightlife Tours
Lama Temple Shore Excursions
Lama Temple Map
Lama Temple Trips
1 View16 Days 15 Nights16 Day Trip to Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Xi'an, Guilin from Tel AvivBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Hong Kong, Shanghai
2 Views13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Japan, China, Singapore, Hong Kong from AtascaderoBy: Guest UserCity: Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo