Tiananmen Square, Beijing
About Tiananmen Square, Beijing
Tiananmen Square, Beijing - Address, Phone Number
Address: W Chang'an Ave, Dongcheng, Beijing, China
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 46.2K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Historical Site, Square, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Tiananmen Square is the third largest city square in the world, which is also called “Gate of Heavenly Peace” – in local language. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several important events in Chinese history. Reaching the place would not be difficult as it is located in the heart of the city, thus can be spotted easily. It is one of the important places and hence, it can be considered as an optimum delight for the travelers and a place that is must visit if you are in Beijing.
Tiananmen Square Information
- Check website for current schedules.
- Carry a proof of your birthday.
- Senior citizens should carry an identity proof.
- Good place for photography.
- Keep a raincoat or an umbrella handy in rainy season.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- Taking subway is the most convenient option.
- There are restaurants and cafes nearby.
- Visitors can take local English-speaking driver-guide with them.
How To reach Tiananmen Square by Public Transport
- Xuanwumen Subway Station.
Restaurants Near Tiananmen Square
- Meat & Wine Co. : Steak and Wine
- Shiro Matsu : Sushi
- Maison Boulud : French Toast
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Beijing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Beijing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Tiananmen Square, Beijing Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Siji Minfu
- Pengrun Homeland Chamber
- Beijing Hutong Inn (zaoyuanju) Hotel
- Hongqiao Market
- Confucius Temple
- Great Wall
- Prime Hotel Beijing
- Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant
- The Hutong
- Brickyard Retreat At Mutianyu Great Wall
- Beijing Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Beijing
- What to See in 48 Hours in Beijing
- What to See in 72 Hours in Beijing
- How to Spend 5 Days in Beijing
- How to Spend 6 Days in Beijing
- How to Spend 7 Days in Beijing