Basilica De Nossa Senhora De Nazare, BelemCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Av. Nazareth 1300 - Nazareth, Bethlehem - PA, 66035-140, Brazil, Belem
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-9140098400
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Historical Site, Family And Kids
About Basilica De Nossa Senhora De Nazare, Belem
The Cirio de Nazare is Brazil’s most beautiful catholic event, and it’s been happening here, associated to this city, and more recently this church, for over 200 years. The church was built in 1852 on the site where an image of the Lady of Nazareth was found. You can still see the image inside the church, today. During the festival, the image is taken in a 2-million strong procession from Bethlehem Cathedral to the Basilica Sanctuary. Famous for its neo-classical and Moorish architecture, the church makes extensive use of marble work. Inside, the frescoes and wall paintings create lovely atmosphere. There are 5 large stained glass windows.
Basilica De Nossa Senhora De Nazare Opening and Closing Hours
- Hours given are based on the mass times of the church. Visitor times may differ. Call the church in advance of your visit to see if it’s open to visitors.
How To reach Basilica De Nossa Senhora De Nazare by Public Transport
- Ask locals for public transport info
- Take a taxi.
- Drive, and ask for directions
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Belem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belem and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Basilica De Nossa Senhora De Nazare
95% of people who visit Belem include Basilica De Nossa Senhora De Nazare in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
54.4% of people start their Basilica De Nossa Senhora De Nazare visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Basilica De Nossa Senhora De Nazare
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica De Nossa Senhora De Nazare
Basilica De Nossa Senhora De Nazare, Belem Reviews
One of the most important landmarks of Belém. Incredible beautiful centuries years old cathedral.
Whether you're catholic or not, this Basilic is worth a visit due to its magnificent architecture and beautiful interior. If you want to experience a joyful time at this church, visit it at the beginning of October when the festivities of Nossa Senhora de Nazare are occurring in Belem.
lovely basilica church... worth the visit..there is 12pm mass...
All QuestionsBasilica de nossa senhora de nazare
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Belem
- Ifpa - Instituto Federal De Educação, Ciência E Tecnologia Do Pará - Campus Belém
- Estádio Do Remo Evandro Almeida
- Tv Liberal
- Instituto De Assistência Dos Servidores Do Estado Do Pará - Iasep
- Val De Cans/júlio Cezar Ribeiro International Airport
- Porto De Belém
- Belém Airport - Brigadeiro Protásio De Oliveira
- Belem Art Museum