Forte Do Presepio115 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 240 - R. Siqueira Mendes, 2 - Old Town Bethlehem - PA, 66020-600, Brazil, Belem Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-9140098828
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids, Fort
Belem was founded with the construction of this fort, the ruins of which now recall an imposing, stolid but beautiful stronghold. It was built to protect Portuguese colonial interests from other colonial forces that might sail up river. Used in conflict several times, the fort was rebuilt a number of times with additional artillery, which you can still see arranged around the site. Today, from atop the fort’s stone walls, you’ll find a spots from which to enjoy great views of the river and the town. There is also an excellent little museum on site dealing with the state of Para’s indigenous communities. It’s so intuitively laid out, that its worth a visit even though most of the information given is in Portuguese.
The fort is part of the Happy Lusitania architectural complex.
How to Reach Forte Do Presepio
- Ask locals for public transport info.
- Take a taxi.
- Drive, and ask for directions.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Belem before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belem and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Forte Do Presepio Address: 240 - R. Siqueira Mendes, 2 - Old Town Bethlehem - PA, 66020-600, Brazil, Belem
- Forte Do Presepio Contact Number: +55-9140098828
- Forte Do Presepio Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Forte Do Presepio: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
33.24% of people who visit Belem include Forte Do Presepio in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
32.35% of people start their Forte Do Presepio visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Forte Do Presepio
68.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Forte Do Presepio
People normally club together Espaco Cultural Casa Das Onze Janelas and Para Religious Art Museum while planning their visit to Forte Do Presepio.