Carrickfergus Castle448 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Marine Hwy, Carrickfergus BT38 7BG, United Kingdom, BT38 7BG, Belfast
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2893351273
- Ticket Price: 5 GBP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Landmarks
A Norman castle in Northern Ireland to the northern shore of the Belfast Lake. The castle played an important role on the military front until 1928 and today is one of the most well maintained structures in Northern Ireland. The castle is home to historical displays as well as cannons that belong to the 17th and 19th centuries. The impressive monument is an interesting piece of history and therefore is a recommended visit in the city of Belfast.
Carrickfergus Castle Travel Tips
- Last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets are not allowed in the premises.
Entrance Ticket Details For Carrickfergus Castle
- Adult - £5
- Child (age 4 - 16) - £3
- Senior Citizen - £3
- Student and Benefit Claimants (ID required) - £3
- Child under 4 - Free
- Family (up to 5 members) - £13
- Group rate (10 plus, must be pre-booked) - £3 per person
How to Reach Carrickfergus Castle
- Train: Northern Ireland Railways – Carrickfergus Train Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Belfast before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belfast and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.15% of people who visit Belfast include Carrickfergus Castle in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
46.51% of people start their Carrickfergus Castle visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Carrickfergus Castle
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carrickfergus Castle