Crkva Svetog Marka1193 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra Br. 17, Belgrade, Serbia
- Phone: +381-0113231940
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral , Heritage Building
This beautiful church, despite its clearly Serbian Byzantine architecture, was built very recently, between 1931 – 1940. It was greatly influenced by the It is a copy of Gracanica monastery from Kosovo. People often remark on the fact that it was built in the peace between the two world wars. The church has one of the richest collections of 18th and 1th century icons.
Highlights of the church are:
- lavish marble iconostasis
- Ornate altar table
- The mosaic icons
- 14th-century remains of Tsar Dusan, one of Serbia’s most popular kings
- The elaborate beehive modeled after the church
The best pictures of the church can be clicked from the neighboring Tasmajdan Park.
Crkva Svetog Marka Hours
- Call the church ahead of your visit to if it is open.
How to Reach Crkva Svetog Marka
- Glavna posta Bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Belgrade before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belgrade and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.74% of people who visit Belgrade include Crkva Svetog Marka in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
72.56% of people start their Crkva Svetog Marka visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Crkva Svetog Marka
90.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Crkva Svetog Marka