Great War Island And Lido Beach501 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Great War Island, Belgrade, Serbia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: Beach, Island, Water Body, Waterfront, View Point, Family And Kids
This river island formed at the confluence of the Danube and Sava rivers. It’s largely uninhabited, though the northern tip of the island does have the Lido Beach – a popular tourist destination. Most of the rest of the island is a nature preserve where many birds come to nest and breed. Some of the birds you can see here are Garganey, Ferruginous Duck , Yellow Wagtail, Little Grebe, Squacco Heron. Plant life is mostly marshy. Indeed, for a significant portion of the year, the island is basically a marsh.
It’s got its name from the fact that it’s always been an important resource in Belgrade’s defences. The Turks launched a lot of their attacks in the Belgrade Fortress from this island in 1521. Later, the rebel army of Karadorde also used the island in their efforts to liberate the city.
Great War Island And Lido Beach Travel Tips
- Visit during the day.
- Don’t go off the official track. It is possible to get lost.
How to Reach Great War Island And Lido Beach
- You can only get to the island by boat.
- During the summer, a floating bridge extends to the island from Zemun Quay.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Belgrade before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belgrade and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Great War Island And Lido Beach Address: Great War Island, Belgrade, Serbia
- Great War Island And Lido Beach Timing: 24-hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
23.3% of people who visit Belgrade include Great War Island And Lido Beach in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
29.76% of people start their Great War Island And Lido Beach visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Great War Island And Lido Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Great War Island And Lido Beach
People normally club together Saint Nicholas Church and Usce Shopping Center while planning their visit to Great War Island And Lido Beach.