How to Reach Belgrade
The Easiest Way to Reach Belgrade
HOW TO GET TO BELGRADE
- By Air: Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport, which is about 18kms from the city operates ‘Serbia Air’ flights to more than 40 international destinations. Aeroflot, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, Lufthansa, Austrian and Swiss Airlines are other services that has flights to various places. One can fly down to Belgrade from several international cities including London, Abu Dhabi, Australia, Rome, Dusseldorf, Stockholm, Eindhoven, Memmingen, Gothenburg, Malmö, Charleroi, Milan and Dubai. You can reach the airport from the city and vice versa through buses, minibuses and taxis.
- By Train: Serbian railways has trains departing towards a number of regional and intercontinental cities such as Budapest, Skopje, Sofia, Ljubljana, Podgorica, Thessaloniki, Timisoara, Vienna and Zagreb.
- By Bus: Belgrade central bus station is situated next to the train station and has buses to several national and international cities. Additional fare is often charged for the baggage.
- By Car: Highway E75 is connected to Subotica and Novi Sad in the North. The south-western cities are accessible through the Ibar highway and E70 links Belgrade to the cities in the west.
- By Boat: Passenger boats that sail through River Danube help you reach the city. But it is a slow and expensive mode of travelling.
- By bicycle: If you are cycling around the region, then you can enter Belgrade through the Eurovelo 6, which links Black Sea to the Atlantic Ocean.
HOW TO GET AROUND BELGRADE
- By Tram: 12 tram lines are available in the city for commuting. Line 2 is circular and connects the important places in the city while Line 3 travels through the stunning neighbourhoods of Belgrade.
- By Bus: There are more than a hundred bus lines operated by the BusPlus. Fare cards can be bought at Kiosks while for a few services, tickets can be directly purchased from the driver. The paper cards cost about 40 RSD with extra credit that can be used for one, three or five days. There is another type –the plastic card, which is 250 RSD with extra credit and valid through three years. There are morning and night bus lines and the timings can be checked at the BusPlus Android App, or the brochures available at the Kisok. In addition, Belgrade also has 8 trolleybus and 9 public minibus lines that help you get around the city.
- By Commuter Rail: Six commuter rail lines link the main city to the surrounding suburbs. Nova Pazova – Belgrade Downtown – Resnik – Mladenovac, Zemun – Belgrade Downtown – Valjevo, Ripanj – Resnik – Rakovica – Pancevo – Vojlovica, Stara Pazova – Belgrade Downtown – Pancevo – Vojlovica, Stara Pazova – Belgrade Downtown – Resnik – Ripanj, Stara Pazova – Belgrade Downtown – Mala Krsna. Don’t depend on these trains too much because they are often late.
- By Car: Driving is a feasible option to get around most of the places to visit in and around Belgrade. There are also several free and paid carparks scattered in the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis are cheap and easily available. Opt for the telephone booking to avoid scams and duping. The initial taxi fare is RSD 150 with an extre RSD 110 for every extra kilometre and RSD 12.5 for every waiting minute.
- By Bicycle: You can rent a bicycle and explore the areas in New Belgrade and Zemun.
- By Boat: Small passenger boats and tourist boats are available to take you around River Sava and Danube.
Modes of Transportation in Belgrade
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Belgrade. The most preferred mode of transport in Belgrade is Car.
Average distance: 9.55 km Average time: 32.41 min
Car 47.69%Driving 22.29 min Walking 1.71 min Waiting 0.32 min Overall average time for 10.71 kms 24.32 min
Walking 10.77%Walking 35 min Bus 3.57 min Waiting 2.86 min Train 1.43 min Driving 1 min Overall average time for 7.5 kms 43.86 min
Train/Metro 1.54%Train 16 min Walking 11 min Waiting 6 min Overall average time for 14 kms 33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 36.92%Bus 24.46 min Waiting 8.08 min Walking 7 min Tram 0.21 min Other 0.08 min Overall average time for 8.56 kms 39.83 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.54%Tram 20 min Waiting 2 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 7 kms 24 min